• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Overload of the Day

stinky64

Occupation
big truck wrench/fixer of things
My broke trailer story was particularly nasty. Hot summer, overloaded 40' end dump low sided rendering trailer, broke down along the highway with a cloud of flies around it. They jacked and welded it that night and it was gone the next day.
Dealt with some nasty crap on WM maggot wagons, but them rendering wagons are a whole nother realm of FUNK.

JaredV

There seems to be plenty of space between the tires and the trailer which could mean the airbags aren't deflated which should mean the frame would be pointed down in the front if it was a legit picture.

Camshawn

Occupation
retired
Funny story( for us), friend was involved in the fish business on and off for years. He had a truck that hauled fish offal to the rendering plant across the border. Customs had a new person who just had to look inside the lid of the tank even though she was told not to. There was a little wave still moving inside the tank and you can guess what happened when she opened the lid….

Truck Shop

When I lived in Ellensburg---A guy I knew bought a radiator shop that also had another
business tied to it--the only septic pumper in town & county. Came with all the state
contracts for pumping rest areas. Anywho the trucks were old 60's GMC's with vacuum
pumps. The old owners showed him the operation of loading and pumping off at the
local county crap pond. The first didn't go so swell, he and his helper were trying to
unload and it wasn't discharging, so for some reason he was fiddling with discharge
hose when his helper found the right combination on the valves-------hose bucked
around and covered him in crap and white mice!. The Creature From the Brown Lagoon.

cfherrman

Septic trucks and a oilfield water truck is basically the same thing, luckily when I covered myself with fluid most of the time it was saltwater and a few times oil. It was always a stupid mistake and avoidable.

stinky64

Occupation
big truck wrench/fixer of things
90 degrees with an overnight rain and 15 tons of residential garbage that couldn't offload day before because of breakdown is the secret recipe for maggot wagon magic. Walk out to the truck in the morning and it looks alive from all the wiggly rice squirming around, can't even see out windshield and don't even think of turning wipers on. Then to sweeten the mix add an entire flock of sparrows swarming the truck for the maggot smorgasbord while sitting in line at landfill. Priceless....