• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Oxy-propane rosebud torch

excavator

What do you put those on? I realize this seems like a silly question, but I've never been around anything other than a Victor or Smith torch body.
I have several of the large Harris tips that I threaded onto Victor wands so I can use with my Victor setup. If you want heat, they'll put it out.

ThatGuysFarm

We switched out our Acetylene for Propylene. Propylene is cheaper then Acetylene per bottle right now, but you also only use 1 bottle of Propylene to 4 or 5 bottles of Acetylene. We've cut up to 2 1/2" plate with the Propylene and its amazing, it leave a little bit of slag like a plasma would do on 1/2". We use to cut the thicker plates with Acetylene, it would do the job but is way slower and not as clean as a cut. And with the rosebud we have for the Propylene you can heat through 3" plate to red hot on the opposite side in about a minute. We just got different tips on our Victor torch and its working great. They say the Propylene will eventually eat up the Acetylene hose, but we'll worry about that later.

alco

I got one a couple years ago after the 955 bucket ripped open on one end. Haven't used it since.

Don't use regular Oxy hoses with propane I bought another set, forget what type it is, HEF told me what I should use
For propane, you need to go to type T hose. The standard type R will work....for a while.

farmerlund

Occupation
Farmer/ excavator
I have a large body Smith torch. The rosebud heating tip for mine goes right in where the regular cutting tip goes.

Welder Dave

I answered in another thread the rectangular heating tip is likely a Uniweld tip for Thermite welding.