• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pacific trucks in the logging industy

Hank R

Occupation
Retired Truck driver and School bus driver
The one that I posted truck is his first Pacific round headlights.

In 1980 a friend Bill Pierce from Merritt ordered a new P-510-S with a 8V92, 435hp 15 speed. He took delivery of this truck on March 3, 1980 since the logging here was shut down for break-up. He thought he would head north to Prince George B.C. and work the truck for 3 or 4 weeks. Usually when you buy a new truck there are a few glitches and could be fixed before mid May the start of our logging season, however there were no problems. The local truckers kept calling his truck 2 story conventional since the Pacific sat high. In 1984 Pacific made a sales promotional video featuring their trucks, off-highway loggers, P-510 trucks and oilfield trucks working. This video was called "Pacific Built Like No Other Truck" Bill's truck was featured in this video a shining jet black P-510-S with chrome grill guard, and nice blue pin strips. Having just watched this video Oct, 2005 it was interesting to see Bill driving with all his hair and front teeth.

I forget the specs, on his 2nd truck but lots of power. his second truck a 84 ???? is the one he still has.
Pacific switched from round headlight in 84 sometime. As 85 had rectangle headlights.

Last edited:

diamondtguy

Occupation
machine fitter/fabricator
Thanks for the story. I was pretty sure both trucks were built during my time there. They were beautiful trucks..

Hank R

Occupation
Retired Truck driver and School bus driver
Not a logging truck but its a Pacific. picture taken in 93 so truck was about 8 to 10 years old.

6-jpg.310719