• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pacific trucks in the logging industy

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
How about this Pacific ready for Work - looks like she just left the factory - owner Thompson Trucking. Summer 2014

Attachments

• Pacific Thompson Trucking s1.jpg
    Pacific Thompson Trucking s1.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 560
  • Pacific Thompson Trucking s2.jpg
    Pacific Thompson Trucking s2.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 549
  • Pacific Thompson Trucking s3.jpg
    Pacific Thompson Trucking s3.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 556

Hank R

Occupation
Retired Truck driver and School bus driver
That is one very sharp P-12 there, That is very unusual for a off highway truck to have chrome air cleaners. Thanks for the blast from the past. I am guessing in Campbell River.

Hank R

Occupation
Hank R, so what's the story behind this build ? Don't know much about the pacific's but wasn't this was after "production" was finished ? Obviously since they took out part of a wall this was the first build in that building ? Can you imagine the costs today building one truck at a time by hand.

Awesome video thanks for posting.

Where is the location ? Vancouver somewhere ?

Thanks
Thanks for looking I was wondering if any one looked at them. Yes this was a special order build, for a mine in Idaho They had a fleet of P-12 Pacific's and one got wrecked and they wanted to keep the fleet the same. So they paid up front and this truck was built in the parts warehouse, The Pacific factory was in North Vancouver. On page 47 of this thread I have posted my Pacific story topic 697 in case you are interested in reading. You-Tube only allows Videos to be a certain length so that is why many parts to it.
Oh yes as of last summer 2013 this fleet of Pacific's was still running every day. They were pulling belly dump trailers. Ask more and myself or others will help you out with information.

Last edited:

Blk prince

Occupation
Truck driver semi retired
I also looked and was jealous as I have not driven on a public road with areal truck. Only change I would have liked would be to have a 12-71 or even better,a 16-71 under the hood

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
That is one very sharp P-12 there, That is very unusual for a off highway truck to have chrome air cleaners. Thanks for the blast from the past. I am guessing in Campbell River.
Yes it is Campbell River. I went by 2 days later to shoot some more pics but sadly then it was parked behind shop and was behind fence.

big ben

Hank R,

Really cool videos and even better story behind it ! What happened to the rear diff ? Making not so pleasant noises that it had to be removed and checked ?

Thanks Again

Hank R

Occupation
Yes the diff, sounding not good, better to replace before the truck leaves town and keep every one happy. Just wish I could do that road test now, hard to believe that was 19 years ago.

dirty4fun

Hank R, Might have ben 19 years ago but there are still a lot of them around and with your help and others like you the history will be keep alive. It is to bad I started so late to learn about all of the off road trucks, but with this forestry forum I have learned a lot and made for a very enjoyable vacation to see them in person. Thanks to all that keep this forum alive, it is a great place to come and learn so very much!

diamondtguy

Occupation
machine fitter/fabricator
Just a little add on...Pacific's warehouse was about a block away from the main plant.It was also our rebuild shop for the diffs and transmission that Pacific rebuilt for people.We always had a couple HD mechanics working there altho they are not the guys that put the P-12 together.....Cory

DBDLS

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Thompson Trucking P-12

Yes it is Campbell River. I went by 2 days later to shoot some more pics but sadly then it was parked behind shop and was behind fence.

Yes, Thompson did a most excellent rebuild of the truck. If anyone had been around I'm sure they would have let you in to take photos. They have always been friendly and accommodating.

They just completed a rebuild of their 7280 and it was a top class job. Nice to see an outfit that looks after their equipment.

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
Yes, Thompson did a most excellent rebuild of the truck. If anyone had been around I'm sure they would have let you in to take photos. They have always been friendly and accommodating.

They just completed a rebuild of their 7280 and it was a top class job. Nice to see an outfit that looks after their equipment.
DBDLS; whereever I have been on the Island and asked for permission to take Pictures, people have been very friendly and let me take pictures. They have all replied; Go ahead! Sure take all the time you need. Even a few know my name when I start telling them that I come from Denmark, and I am fond of off highway logging trucks. They reply - You must be Kim! Small World!:D

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
Pacific P16 owner Olympic Forest Products unit #12. Summer 2014

Attachments

• P16 Olympic FP 12 s1.jpg
    P16 Olympic FP 12 s1.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 1,033
  • P16 Olympic FP 12 s2.jpg
    P16 Olympic FP 12 s2.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 1,024
  • P16 Olympic FP 12 s3.jpg
    P16 Olympic FP 12 s3.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 1,022

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
IPL unit H14 in their shop in Chemanius and what is left of IPL unit #H146 in Chemanius as well. Summer 2014

Attachments

• IPL 14 P16 s1.jpg
    IPL 14 P16 s1.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 887
  • IPL H146 P16 s1.jpg
    IPL H146 P16 s1.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 887