• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pacific trucks in the logging industy

Vigilant

Occupation
Attitude Adjuster at the Graybar Hotel
I pulled a few dedicated lowboys on the highway with detachable goosenecks that ran off of a PTO and hydraulic line. Pretty slick way to move equipment, but not nearly as impressive as the one listed above.

Blk prince

Occupation
Truck driver semi retired
Notice the P500 with the fibreglass hood. When we were cleaning out the booming grounds at Nitinat,I had to tow all the loaded trucks up the original Grosslakes Hill. One of the trucks was a P-500 flip hood. It did not have any tow hooks. The one in this picture foes not have any either. No way to tow it.

HDX

The P16 pictured above is in Sarita. 6-258 from Caycuse. Some years ago she was involved in a accident and was used as a parts supply! She has been parted out somewhat and I was told today that she is to be cut up VERY SOON!!!! WFP is on a witch hunt about stuff sitting around. If I have to I will take a day off and remove everything I can before the cutters arrive. There is a ton of stuff still on her, water tank- fuel tank- cab (small windshields) Williams air shifter etc Steering column and box ,steering ram. Lots of stuff like rad hose's and pipes If I get a chance I will post a couple pictures There is two of them The other truck was hooked onto the low bed at Courtenay when she came down here Sad but she had been repainted and all numbers were gone so I cant tell you her ex-Crown Z number. Maybe somebody will be able to come up with a number for us or might remember her.

HDX

ap40rocktruck If memory serves me right those low bed trailers were rated at 120 tons at least! Could have been more because I remember hauling the J28 Madill Grapple Yarder on it and that thing weighed 120 tons without the lines and all the rigging

ap40rocktruck

Occupation
Owner / Master Model Maker
ap40rocktruck If memory serves me right those low bed trailers were rated at 120 tons at least! Could have been more because I remember hauling the J28 Madill Grapple Yarder on it and that thing weighed 120 tons without the lines and all the rigging

Thank HDX, will make for a interesting project for 2015....

HDX

NO PLUG IN's There is a wall plug near the tire shop with an extension cord that looks somewhat like a deranged porcupine in heat with things sticking out all nilly willy but with 12 P16's all trying to plug in i'm afraid it gets a little stressfull The Hayes's suffer in silence in their usual parking place's

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
The #6-254 was a HDX Hayes , it might have been the last Hayes BCFP bought , the trucks a conventional the number could be a 256 or 258 I know the #6-258 was a conventional and it had a V12 and low cab with that style bumper, new at Silver R. then moved to Caycuse 1982 .

Last edited:

Hank R

Occupation
Retired Truck driver and School bus driver
I know it is not a Pacific truck but the trailer is a Pacific, LB-20 20 ton trailer Serial # 7202 sold to the B.C. Government May 20, 1947. Phot is 2 blocks from where I live.

Hank R

Occupation
If I remember correct it had 8 wheels at the back. George just passed away last month so I can not ask him as he gave me the pictures. Sorry.

NP-15-A

This is my first post on the Pacific site! I've looked and read this thread for awhile, lots of good info on here.
I am a member of ATHS Vancouver Island Chapter.
Just to let truck fans know, we are having our truck show at the BC Forest Discovery Centre July 12-13, 2014.
This year's Truck Show poster features Roy Saunders' 1970 Hayes HDX, it was restored years ago by ATHS members (I think).
At this year's Truck Show, I know there will be a few Pacific Trucks as well as three, maybe more, Hayes, this includes my Hayes.
If you have any questions feel free to check our web site www.athsvancouverislandchapter.com or post questions here to me.

Regards

HDX

NP-15-A Is this the 1952 version or the later version There was four different versions of this number Cam Two were bolt on with the fine little screws and the last two were cast pins. Welcome to the site!!!!!

Hank R

Occupation
Here are some photo's that I drove in the 1970's. These P-10 trucks were a little smaller than the P-10 loggers on the island. Dec 13, 1974 Roy Harker and Jack Kukler at Pacific truck and trailer picking up new trucks. 335 Cummins 5 & 4 splicer

Dec 27,1974 Calgary with coal boxes installed heading down to Sparwood B.C.

Jacks truck #35 Coal Feaver

Roys truck #36 getting a load

DBDLS

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Nice looking trucks...even better after you gentlemen dressed them and put them to work. Thanx.

Hank R

Occupation
I got Bruce to put 2 extra buckets on, usually not that much as with that load would of been close to 100,000 lbs GVW. 36 the one I drove weight around 34,000 to 35,000 lbs empty and usually carried 30 tons, so GVW was around 95,000. After a few years we got smart and went with even less payload and had less tire trouble and made a little money. One learns to late some times the less of a load you have money $$$ stay in the hip pocket.