• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Paint codes ?

Abscraperguy

What does your local Dressta dealer have?

When I still was working for a guy that did tractor restorations we sometimes used Dupont. They had an office that just specializes in fleet colors such Deere, Mcormick, Case, Cat etc. I have no idea what the number was though. I do remember that when calling the auto body paint headquarters they didn't always know what you were talking about but if you called the farm chemical headquarters they knew right away and would transfer you to that number.

bigrus

Occupation
Joystick attendant
Great information

Thanks heaps. :D Found a few yellows I remember & liked ie Clark, Clark/ Michigan, Dresser loader, Komatsu & Galion industrial yellow.
I'll run some numbers by the local paint supplers & see how it goes.
Engine is out of the grader for a rebuild so I'd like to paint it the correct colour before it is reinstalled :cool:

watglen

Occupation
Farmer, drainage and excavating contractor, Farm d
I just painted a bunch of 'Motor grader grey' which is sherwin williams volvo grey.

Worked great. They sold me a 2 part epoxy primer, and a urethane topcoat with medium reducer and hardener. I don't know exactly what all that means, but its a snap to mix, sprays really nice, dries in a hurry, and gives a fantastic finish.

I sprayed some hardware store paint too, not nearly as nice to work with.

good luck

bigrus

Occupation
Joystick attendant
Paint on engine

By the way I'm expecting some pics of the new paint job. lol:D:D

Well this is the colour that we matched from an unfaded part of the grader, the side of the sump! Tried doing a match by numbers.:Banghead so we went to paint charts that had 1" squares of paint with a hole in the middle. By sliding different looking colour squares over the remaining paint on the sump we came up with this "brown orange" :beatsme
I thinks it's a nice yellow anyway, looks brighter here than in real life.
Still love our blue skies out here ;)

Attachments

• 466 new paint.jpg
    466 new paint.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 4,364
  • Grader minus engine.jpg
    Grader minus engine.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 3,739