• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

PC30MR-2 Need parts help

RobVG

Occupation
17 excavators and a stewpot of other stuff
PC30MR-2
Long story short, I need a valve cover gasket for our Komatsu mini. Local dealer is no help- I think this model was made for Aussie market only. If anyone has any kind of part #-- that should help. Also I'll be looking for a parts manual- found the opperator's manual already.

(I Don't think it's the same engine that's in PC35???... different #)

RobVG

Occupation
Ok fine...

I thought I'd get some help from this great forum but noooo...nothin'.

So I went down to the dealer and entered the parts department. Previously, I managed to get an opperators manual by sitting my butt down and insisting that the machine was made by Komatsu, there has to be a manual. Some old guy (gotta love 'em) managed to find it. (did I mention the machine is grey market?)

Anyway, I slap the opperators manual on the counter and say, " I need the parts manual that goes with "this". "Sorry, that doesn't come up on our computer system, there is no PC30MR-2". "Well, Komatsu made the machine" , I said. "they printed the opporators manual, do you suppose they may have printed a parts manual to go along with it???

"let me try another publication sight". My butt is firmly planted in the chair now with my hand gripping the styrofoam cup of god awful swill they call coffee.

"No, what I think is, the PC30 is included with the PC50." "Well", I said "why don't you look for both????!!!!"

No.

As I peer over his screen he say's "wait" , I typed "PS30".

Parts manual to arrive in 2 weeks:D

Sorry guy's, just caught and grilled 2 humpys and downed 3 martinis.

Cheers

Rob

Tony

"Not for nuttin", as we say in NY....

... but I can't imagine how you'd think anyone at the dealership would be jumping over the counter to assist you given the demeanor you are portraying. lol:D

And don't let anyone tell you that the PC30MR-2 is hard to get parts for. While it wasn't a very popular machine here in the states, and even if yours is grey market, it shares many parts with the PC27MR-2 and the 35MR-2 as well.

Best,
Tony

RobVG

Occupation
Thanks Tony!

Maybe it's just the particular dealership?
Our Cat dealer out here has excellent grey market support.

(Sorry about the "demeaner"...)

komatsu77

Hello I can get parts in canada no problem

I thought I'd get some help from this great forum but noooo...nothin'.

So I went down to the dealer and entered the parts department. Previously, I managed to get an opperators manual by sitting my butt down and insisting that the machine was made by Komatsu, there has to be a manual. Some old guy (gotta love 'em) managed to find it. (did I mention the machine is grey market?)

Anyway, I slap the opperators manual on the counter and say, " I need the parts manual that goes with "this". "Sorry, that doesn't come up on our computer system, there is no PC30MR-2". "Well, Komatsu made the machine" , I said. "they printed the opporators manual, do you suppose they may have printed a parts manual to go along with it???

"let me try another publication sight". My butt is firmly planted in the chair now with my hand gripping the styrofoam cup of god awful swill they call coffee.

"No, what I think is, the PC30 is included with the PC50." "Well", I said "why don't you look for both????!!!!"

No.

As I peer over his screen he say's "wait" , I typed "PS30".

Parts manual to arrive in 2 weeks:D

Sorry guy's, just caught and grilled 2 humpys and downed 3 martinis.

Cheers

Rob

Hello i can get part in Canada no problem just let me know waht model the yanmar engine is thanks b

RobVG

Occupation
Thanks for the offer!

Now I'm getting a parts book, I should be able to order what I need.

junior3434

Occupation
Mechanic
hi...there is a guy on ebay selling a cd rom of komatsu series 2 manuals...just type excavator workshop manuals into search and you'll see them...i got them from him and they are really good...hope this helps

rcgreg

I'm looking for a maintenance manual for the PC50 UU1 - Komatsu. I see lots for the MR series - anyone know if they are pretty much the same except for the controls? ie: Engine layout and cable setups. I need to know how to replace the throttle cable on my unit - and how to adjust the boom control - it seems sticky and hard to move - must be an adjustment of some sort?

Love the mnachine it works fantastic - don't know how I did so long without one :)