• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

pc35mr-2 sticky travel lever

John V

I have a couple symptoms on my pc35mr-2. The right travel stick on my pc35mr-2 isn't smooth. Occasionally the travel beep alarm doesn't stop beeping even when I've returned to neutral. And occasionally I can hear the sound of a bit of oil bypassing, coming from the floor section and seems to be near the travel ppc valve. I've taken the floor matts off (surprisingly difficult) and the levers, and have sight of the ppc valve. I took a video showing the it moving not smoothly: (sound warning, compressor running in background!):

I'm curious if folks things this would be a internal spool issue, or one of the external shafts is causing friction? I don't want to start taking it apart and sideline the machine completely. Also, I can order a whole new travel ppc valve from china for about $330 with shipping. Wondering if it's worth it at all breaking into it.

Attachments

• travel ppc valve.JPG
    travel ppc valve.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 3

BluewaterLa

Occupation
Field Service Tech / Semi retired
If its a canopy machine just unbolt the upper and flip it forward to get access to the travel linkage and valves. You can inspect it all and make sure nothing is severely dirty, sticking, worn out or in need of adjustment.
A hose improperly ran after replacement or removal on another repair could be an issue for moving parts with the travel sticks under there.

John V

Ended up being the shafts and linkages that were bound up, not anything in the valve body fortunately. Took the head off (#11 in the diagram), polished up the shafts and everything works smoothly now.

Attachments

• IMG_8505.JPG
    IMG_8505.JPG
    521.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8506.JPG
    IMG_8506.JPG
    307.8 KB · Views: 5