• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

PC75UU-2 fuel pump timing

Localmotion

Any Help Please?

Hi all

I got a diesel problem on my case CK28 excavator, which is fitted with a Kubota engine.

The fuel pump is leaking around the top of the injector, but I can't tell if it is the collar (below the split to the injector lines) or actually leaking around the base plate of the injector (where it meets the top of the pump using torque bolts).

Please take a look at this video of it...

YouTube - Leaking Kubota Injector

I've got two main questions:

1 - Is it possible to losen the collar from the base plate and if so does this affect timing?

2 - If I remove the torque bolts holding the base plant to the pump, will it affect the pump timing, and if so is there an easy way of retiming the pump afterwards?

Must admit to being a bit out of my depth here, but really need the machine back to work asap, and being in Spain we don't have any Kubota industrial engine workshops nearby.

Any help / tips / advice greatfully received.

Cheers, Ian. :drinkup

dany

Occupation
professor
Hello, With the mess I've done on my Komatsu fuel puimp, I am not sure that I am the best person to give advice. But usullay, one learn from his mistakes... hopefully...!!!
Anyway, the problem I had, looked similar to yours. In my case it was the O-ring that leaked.
There are a few things that I can recommand to you though:
Do not overtorque the bolts.
Have the right O-ring
Remove only one line and shop for the right o-ring
DO NOT crank the engine while the line is removed
Once you have the o-ring, (If this is the problem) then change only one at a time, torque the bolts to the right torque. Try to run the engine after you change what is wrong. Do it one line after the other, runnin the engine after each fix.
For the timing, as I said, I don't have the same engine and the same fuel pump, but of what I can see, I don't think that you may affect the timing by removing the the torque bolts. Try not to get any dirt in the fuel lines or in the pump.
Hope you will resolve your problem

Dany