• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

perkins/shibaura problems

lost gringoura

have a new holland skidsteer with perkins engine and its blowing white smoke from breather tube. blowing as in pressurized. looks to be fuel vaporl havent done compression test yet but on loosening each injector one at a time, they all have the same effect, engine starts missing or even dies if i loosen too much. what i cant get is the pressure. i changed the head gasket thinking it might be blown but same thing after reassembly. oil does not seem to be contaminated, water ok. being in skidsteer means you gotta pull the engine for examine so am trying to avoid that. any thots?

henry.45

It seems like you're having issues with white smoke coming from the breather tube of your New Holland skid steer's Perkins engine. Based on the information provided, it appears that the smoke might be fuel vapor. Since loosening each injector has the same effect, and changing the head gasket didn't solve the problem, it's possible that the issue might be related to the engine's compression. To avoid pulling the engine for examination, you could consider checking the fuel injectors, fuel pump, and the engine's compression to identify the root cause of the issue.