• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

peterbilt 359 hood and fenders

Randy88

Still finding parts for this truck, does anyone know the major difference between the different years as for hoods fitting, peterbilt is telling me there are serial number breaks and without a serial number the hoods might not interchange, I know there is difference in lengths, my hood is 60 inches and I know they changed the brackets over the years on how the hood hooked to the cab, but will about any year 359 hood that has for forward set axle and a 60 inch hood fit??

I've found several hoods, have measurements taken and unless I take the old hood off my truck and take it along and set them side by side, is there any other way of telling, the hoods we've found so far, nobody knows the serial number of the truck they came off so without that peterbilt can't help me out any.

Randy88

Right now we've rounded up all the parts but the hood, I'm not wanting any more parts trucks or machines sitting around at this time, but thanks anyhow for the info. We're currently got too many "projects" sitting waiting to be worked on as it is.

Surprising I've found a few descent hoods used to choose from, but none of them are close to me and nobody has a serial number of the truck they came off of and right now I don't have time to waste chasing what might be nothing and compare hoods, that will have to wait till the dead of winter, as they say, I've got a few more pressing issues at hand to deal with and not enough time or help to get it all done at the moment.

Its sad when the nicest semi I owned is now being used for a yard truck to shuffle trailers around the yard and with so many deer collisions no body shop has time to even think about a semi hood to patch and repair. The machine shops are even more backed up with nobody being able to get parts for much of anything, so its down to fixing stuff with however you can to get stuff back moving again, and this is supposed to be called progress, not sure this country can handle much more progress like this and still be able to function. I'm now being told 2023 is going to be worse than 2022 for parts availability.