• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pettibone 8044 energy boom lowering

muddog1975

So I had a customer with a Petitbone 8044 that he bought used and he was lifting roof trusses and had a major hyd leak with the boom raised completely up. Oil was running out of both ends of the boom. So there's the back story. So this is just to pass on info on how to get the boom down without death or damage, because I could not find any info on it. So I called Petitbone and after talking with him I picked up a #8 JIC T and caps. Returned to the machine and if you open the rear door and look right above the main control valve there is another valve mounted there. There is one hose that comes off the main valve and two hoses on a T fitting right next to it ( that come from both lift cylinders counterbalance valves). Here was no pressure on these hoses. Capped all those fitting ends on thar top valve and install the 3 hoses that were removed into the #8 T . This will allow the cylinders to come down even with a busted hydraulic line in the boom. With the boom lowered I reinstalled those hoses back to the original locations. The leaking hose was one of the long hoses inside the second stage of the boom. So just wanted to pass this along in case anyone finds themselves in the same situation....or worse. Be safe and Take care.

Attachments

• 20220406_091619.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 7
  • 20220406_092605.jpg
    9.8 MB · Views: 7
  • 20220406_092602.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 8
  • 20220406_093109.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 6