• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

photo test

Deano

On that tipper, the four rear axles, are they a pusher, drive, drive and a tag? Excuse my ignorance, I'm from the land downunder, they don't exist down here in that configuration!

Dirt Poor

Yes, it is a sand pit. I sold about 95,000yds. for a 5 mile road project that was lifted from 3 to 5 feet and widened and paved . the road was not much more than a dirt road thru a swamp. the project started at the north line of my 40 acres,north 5 miles. the 1st 2 miles were the worst and they used off road trucks mostly cats, 8 of them when really got rolling, over fabric, the remaining 3 miles they lifted over the old base and used quads. This was very interesting for me to watch as I am not a dirt-worker. Deano , I beleive that particular truck is basically a tandem drive, withe lifts on the front and rear axles. Their were about a dozen differant quads on the job and this was the most popular configureation, but some had both front axles as drives , some the rear. Quads seem to be most popular here in michigan, has to do with licensing vsl load weights I think, but I'm sure others that know more will correct me. Gary