• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pictures of your Backhoe!!!!!

ZAXIS

Occupation
Mgr./Member of Rainwater Construction Company, LLC
a few of my baby...i operate it...don't own it

Thats a good lookin "SM" you get to operate--We have an 03 just like her, but with tinted windows. We use it for so many things, we couldnt do without it. :usa

Duke

I finally got to put my new (to me) 426C-IT to work today digging for a small addition on a customers house. I bought the machine for $21,000 USD which I think was an amazing deal, it has 7700 hrs on it, starts and runs like a top, a little rough around the edges but pins and bushings are great. I bought the 42" cleanup bucket, wedge style quick change and a spare set of lugs from Accurate Fabricating in Vancouver BC, and the fork carriage on eBay for $499 CDN. I chalk that purchase up to being my best deal ever, it's barely been used.
Prior to purchasing from a dealer, I contacted the original owner, it was owned by a fabricating company in Manitoba, their operator told me they pretty much used it for clearing snow and moving material around with their forks. I was leary of the 7700 hrs, but I've seen machines with half the hours that have twice as much wear as this one.
View attachment 43712

Can you tell me more about the wedge style quick change?

Sorry to get off topic. Thanks.

Phil

Occupation
retired operator and mechanic
Coopers, I just sold the 680B and the 580B went to a new home earlier in the year so that just leaves the International, and a Case hoe attachment that I want to put on a tractor. I just like backhoes:). Phil

DCH

Bearmtnmartin

Occupation
excavation contractor
go with a pin grabber Builder. You won't regret it. They reduce breakout a little bit unless you use a shorter bucket to keep the pivot radius the same, but I had the really long Ford buckets and I never noticed. You dig into something and either the bucket keeps moving or the backhoe does.:D It takes less than a minute to do a bucket change. And with the one I had on my LB110, you coud turn the bucket backwards which I did all the time backfilling houses, because you can get the drainrock right up to the foundation wall, and you extent your reach another three feet! (sorry about the hijack)

DCH

Having only seen and never used a pin grabber I cannot comment, but living in an area with large amounts of heavy equipment, much due to heavy usage in the forest industry and only ever seeing wedge style quick couplers I was leary to get a pin grabber, plus the fact that the bucket can possibly interfere with outriggers and the boom, and digging strength is reduced I leaned towards the wedge style. I called and prices on buckets were similar, but having to buy 2 pins added $300 to every bucket, since you need to leave 2 pins in each bucket with a pin grabber.

Of the three companies I called when pricing buckets and couplers, none recommended the pin grabber, due to the reasons listed. With the wedge style I had to buy a set of lugs to convert my one existing bucket, but that cost was offset by not having to buy a set of pins for it, and now every other bucket and attachment I purchase will be less expensive and better engineered to work with my machine.

FWIW, I paid approx $900 CDN for the coupler.

to keep this thread on topic, here's another picture of my machine, tearing out some stumps on a job yesterday. If you look closely you can see my 3 year old girl along for the ride.
6292_105645797162_732567162_2619036_6375286_n.jpg

Last edited:

Case 580e

Occupation
heavy equipment operator
nice i loved when my dad use to bring me to work and i would sit on the machine with him

Bearmtnmartin

Occupation
excavation contractor
Having only seen and never used a pin grabber I cannot comment, but living in an area with large amounts of heavy equipment, much due to heavy usage in the forest industry and only ever seeing wedge style quick couplers I was leary to get a pin grabber, plus the fact that the bucket can possibly interfere with outriggers and the boom, and digging strength is reduced I leaned towards the wedge style. I called and prices on buckets were similar, but having to buy 2 pins added $300 to every bucket, since you need to leave 2 pins in each bucket with a pin grabber.

Of the three companies I called when pricing buckets and couplers, none recommended the pin grabber, due to the reasons listed. With the wedge style I had to buy a set of lugs to convert my one existing bucket, but that cost was offset by not having to buy a set of pins for it, and now every other bucket and attachment I purchase will be less expensive and better engineered to work with my machine.

FWIW, I paid approx $900 CDN for the coupler.

to keep this thread on topic, here's another picture of my machine, tearing out some stumps on a job yesterday. If you look closely you can see my 3 year old girl along for the ride.
View attachment 44004

you're right in that the upfront cost is a bit less for the wedge. I only ever have two or three buckets for my machines, so its not a big deal. Of course if you have a machine with no QC, then you would have to replace all the lugging to use a wedge, which would be pretty pricy for sure.Wedges are also wear compensating, which the pin grabbers aren't. I have to build the mouth up with weld every 6 months to keep it tight. I have had both and I'm sold on the pin grabbers. I think even in BC a lot of the Cases have the pin grabbers, but I know that the dealerships really push the wedges.

ZAXIS

Occupation
Mgr./Member of Rainwater Construction Company, LLC
Here is our 2003 580SM. She's got around 2000 hours on her.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 5,517
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 5,477

digger70

Occupation
Cemetery caretaker since 1994
As soon as my probationary period is over, I will post pics of the 580 B that the cemetery I'm the caretaker of got to replace a 40 year old International 2050.

digger70

Occupation
Cemetery caretaker since 1994
yes, that was taken yesterday. Today I started sanding down the rust bubbles and put the newer tires on the Case. I was glad that the rims were interchangable from the Int'l to the Case.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
yes, that was taken yesterday. Today I started sanding down the rust bubbles and put the newer tires on the Case. I was glad that the rims were interchangable from the Int'l to the Case.

There ya go...your probation period will end soon and you can send a pic. ;)