• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pictures of your Backhoe!!!!!

JoeS1989

One of our mamy JCB 3CX's We have them ranging from 2004 to 2007 machines! Awesome machines to be honest! Cant really drive them but have had a few practise sessions in them and really thought they were a strong machine!
This machine was taken at our local JCB Dealership!
SP_A0675.jpg

Joe

nedly05

Here's our 410G the day we got it, we will have had it 3 years next june and only have 400 hrs on it :eek: It mainly gets used as a second loader as we do most jobs we the excavators. In hind sight we almost wish we would have had the old 410D gone through and bought a new excavator instead. It is a super nice machine, super smooth and accurate, and faster than hell! It has the front coupler and we would like to get a set of forks for it. Does anyone know a source for aftermarket forks to fit the JD coupler? What can we expect to pay?

Attachments

• new hoe 2.jpg
    new hoe 2.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 3,285

nedly05

You can try HERE .. looks like a great price to me .. with free shipping.

Definitely a good price tloft, thanks for the link! What I am looking for is the type that has its own carriage and takes the place of the bucket on the front quick coupler.

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
!BPDCw,g!Wk~$(KGrHgoH-DIEjlLlvv6nBJ)s!zvLG!~~_3.JPG

b190_3.JPG

b471_3.JPG

b384_3.JPG

I would have a concern about the strength of a bucket holding a pallet forks like that .I wonder what weight he is rating them for?

Having looked at those pictures I would have grave concern for the floor of the bucket twisting with a load on it.

Last edited:

tloft

I wonder what weight he is rating them for?

Having looked at those pictures I would have grave concern for the floor of the bucket twisting with a load on it.

That guy rates his forks at 2,500 pounds, but I'm like you .. very cautious with that much weight riding on a screw clamp .. for the money though ($149.00) it looks like a nice little accessory if you're careful.

pwrstroke6john

we have one of the clamp on reciever hitches that are styled like those forks and for that it works great, but theres no way I would trust clamp on forks.

RocksnRoses

Occupation
Owner operater crushing & contracting business
That guy rates his forks at 2,500 pounds, but I'm like you .. very cautious with that much weight riding on a screw clamp .. for the money though ($149.00) it looks like a nice little accessory if you're careful.

The screw clamp would not take the weight, it is only there to clamp the forks tight to the bucket. When the weight is on there, the inner end of the clevis on the front edge of the bucket would be carrying all of the weight. The forces would be actually lifting the screws off the bucket. As for the front of the bucket twisting, I think you would find with that amount of leverage, the relief valves on the bucket cylinder or the lift rams would release, or in some cases the back wheels would come off the ground, before any damage was done to the bucket.

Rn'R.

tloft

The screw clamp would not take the weight, it is only there to clamp the forks tight to the bucket. When the weight is on there, the inner end of the clevis on the front edge of the bucket would be carrying all of the weight. The forces would be actually lifting the screws off the bucket. As for the front of the bucket twisting, I think you would find with that amount of leverage, the relief valves on the bucket cylinder or the lift rams would release, or in some cases the back wheels would come off the ground, before any damage was done to the bucket.

Rn'R.

Thanks Rn'R for the added perspective .. I was (still am) considering those forks for moving THESE TOTES around .. they hold 275 gallons of rainwater (somewhere around 2300 pounds) .. should be a good test.

Tom

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
What one might do would brace the floor of the bucket to the back of the bucket.This would also help with placement of the forks.

amunderdog

I have a simular set of those forks.
I would not recomend them to anyone.
The handy tighten handles are a joke as advertised. I have to tighten mine with a sledge hammer about a quarter turn at a lick.
They are forever loose - twisted - falling off with load - digging into ground.
Cannot see a thing going on so anything important is a two person job.
Hard to get on. Atleast for my old broke down ass.
They carry the load way out front. Which is way hard on the machine.
I can handle around 2000# without to much trouble other heavier things it can lift but cannot roll the bucket back.
There has to be another way.

Deereman

Here's our 410G the day we got it, we will have had it 3 years next june and only have 400 hrs on it :eek: It mainly gets used as a second loader as we do most jobs we the excavators. In hind sight we almost wish we would have had the old 410D gone through and bought a new excavator instead. It is a super nice machine, super smooth and accurate, and faster than hell! It has the front coupler and we would like to get a set of forks for it. Does anyone know a source for aftermarket forks to fit the JD coupler? What can we expect to pay?
I think G & R manufacturing makes some for deere and them selves. And the ones at deere are reasonably price. The only thing I don't like about forks on a backhoe is that no matter who makes them or what type you can't seem them worth a crap. Its more of a feel.

nedly05

I think G & R manufacturing makes some for deere and them selves. And the ones at deere are reasonably price. The only thing I don't like about forks on a backhoe is that no matter who makes them or what type you can't seem them worth a crap. Its more of a feel.

Thanks, I'll check into them! Do you know what JD forks go for from JD??

Last edited:

Deereman

Not right off hand, but I will check it out tomorrow. Last time I saw the price sheet they wern't all that expensive. I even remember seeing a set the last time I was down there. I like this type alot better than anything else. J

JointVenture

International Harvester 280A

My latest impulse buy ... a 1979 model so I'm told, the plate is missing though :beatsme $7k out the door :cool:

:usa

JV

Attachments

• IH 280A in Franklin.jpg
    IH 280A in Franklin.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 4,690