• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pipe Bender on Steroids.

LowBoy

Occupation
Owner, Iron Mountain Iron & Equipment (Transport)
Here's a piece of iron that was pretty interesting. Powered by a 3406A Cat precup, this bender with mandrel bends steel pipe for gas line and other applications. Picked up from a completed section of upgraded gas line in Hudsonville, Michigan, brought it to it's rightful owners off from lease contract back in Tulsa, Oklahoma. The tracks are just 2 idlers, had to be pulled around with at least a D-6 weighing 54K lbs.

The second shot was me stopped at the Chrome Shop Mafia's place to get a hat, tee shirts, etc., but they're closed Saturdays, so all I got was a few pictures...

Attachments

• PipeMachineTulsa.jpg
    PipeMachineTulsa.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 2,090
  • PipeMachineJoplin.jpg
    PipeMachineJoplin.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 2,051

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
:eek: Wow! If that is their pipe bender just think what their pipe stretcher looks like.:D

The Chrome Shop Mafia ..... so do they fit you with a pair of chromed concrete shoes if you don't pay your bill or do they just give you a Han Solo facelift in chrome instead of carbonite?:D

Neat pics.:drinkup

LowBoy

Occupation
:eek: Wow! If that is their pipe bender just think what their pipe stretcher looks like.:D

The Chrome Shop Mafia ..... so do they fit you with a pair of chromed concrete shoes if you don't pay your bill or do they just give you a Han Solo facelift in chrome instead of carbonite?:D

Neat pics.:drinkup

I'm pretty sure if you owe them anything, you either pay up, or "day make ya an offa dat ya can't reefuze...":guns :D

wrenchbender

Well I think you should have brought that pipe bender to me. Juzz think about all the neat exhaust work I could do with a machine like that. Not to mention the fancy handrails I build fer folks.lol Although it would be a little inconvienant to carry out on the job site with my 1 ton.

LowBoy

Occupation
Well I think you should have brought that pipe bender to me. Juzz think about all the neat exhaust work I could do with a machine like that. Not to mention the fancy handrails I build fer folks.lol Although it would be a little inconvienant to carry out on the job site with my 1 ton.

I'm hearin' ya wrencher...I'd love to have you bend me up a couple of 40" straight pipes for something...only thing is, you'd need one heck of a reducer...

You'd also need to repower your 1 ton to drag that baby around the countryside at 50 something thousand lbs., huh?:drinkup

roddyo

Occupation
Manipulator of the Planet
Pipe bender

I was a straw in the bending before, was around a bender all summer. You can put about a half a degree every ten inches with 24 inch pipe 3/8's wall. It really get's up in the air with a 22 degree bend with 65 foot joints. An intresting deal is you keep the seems of the pipe to the side, less stress on the pipe. These machines can bend 60 inch pipe.

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
bending

Here's a piece of iron that was pretty interesting. Powered by a 3406A Cat precup, this bender with mandrel bends steel pipe for gas line and other applications.
QUOTE]

Heres one loaded and ready,

Attachments

• bender.jpg
    bender.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 981