• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

pipe demo

ddigger

Occupation
contractor,owner operater
I am on a job where we are removing 2000ft of 72in steel pipe with 1/2in thick wall. In most places its 7ft to the top of pipe. The job site is very conjested with mud and ground water to contend with as well.
HPIM2795.JPGHPIM2787.JPGHPIM2788.JPGHPIM2798.JPGHPIM2797.JPG

dirty4fun

Looks like a messy one, to have to work. Hope it improves and doesn't get worse for you. Pretty good sized pipe.

Colorado Digger

sick of the rain yet?

what was that 72" carrying? the only thing they use that for around here is cmp and natural gas. and that would be huge. and it isn't d.i.p. so are you demo'ing then replacing? how are you guys keeping anything dry for compaction? i see you have some visquine on it. we covered a bunch of pit run this winter at the owners request and wheh we place and compacted it, it was too wet. i know it is different out there with all the rain
are you tired of shoveling you're tracks yet?
regards, cd

Last edited:

ddigger

Occupation
contractor,owner operater
Dont even talk about the tracks, what a effort in futility that is, although I still do it, at least we dont have to contend with freezing temps like you. The pipe carried domestic water. We dont have to worry about compaction as Kewitt is following behind and installing new pipe. They will have to import material. The outside of the pipe is coated with asbestos so after we remove a section its carried to an abatement area. The biggest problem is the tight quaters. We are working at night so as to avoid all the other trades.