• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

PJ cushion tilt plumbing

daveyclimber

I have a Maxey tilt deck trailer that has a single cylinder with a hose that runs from rod to barrel. I want to convert it to a PJ cushion tilt style with a resivour and 3 way ball valve so it can be locked in the tilt position. I have a resivour and ball valve but am looking for info on how to plumb it. Can't wrap my brain around it. Any picture of the PJ or diamond c doesn't quite show enough detail for my simple mind to comprehend.

Columbo

I think that adding a reservoir inline is a better way to go. However, I have a Belmont 14k tilt that simply has the hose come from the rod end to an adjustable flow restrictor and then back to the barrel end. The flow restrictor is mounted in a convenient place on the tongue. I can close the restrictor to hold the deck in any position or fully open it to manually tilt the deck unloaded. Anyway, just another idea.

daveyclimber

I believe the resivour is to make up the volume differential between rod side and barrel side. As it is now there is alot of dead space in the barrel end and the tilt is not controlled until the piston catches up to the fluid in the barrel. Too uncontrolled for a 12k mini. The trailer is deckover as well.