• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

poclain sc150 case equilivant

RED-355

i having been trying to find a workshop manual for a sc150 poclain but hadnt had any luck. i was told the first case machine was the same as the sc150 and if so does anyone know the model?? ( or where i can get a manual for a sc150!)))))

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
i having been trying to find a workshop manual for a sc150 poclain but hadnt had any luck. i was told the first case machine was the same as the sc150 and if so does anyone know the model?? ( or where i can get a manual for a sc150!)))))

Do you have any pictures and a serial number. It wont help me help you but will help the Case boys a lot.

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator

RED-355

ok, here are some pictures!!!

Attachments

• DSCF3059.jpg
    DSCF3059.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 1,593
  • DSCF3074.jpg
    DSCF3074.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 1,278
  • DSCF3088.jpg
    DSCF3088.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 1,576

gggraham

Occupation
Licensed Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic
Go to www.casece.com there is a parts breakdown for the SC150. This can be a great help with assembly sometimes.

Most of the parts are retired by Case. About the only thing I know about some of the later "CASE" poclain series is that with the electrical system they usually switched(broke) the ground wire not the live wire in the circuits. So when you have trouble with a function you are dealing with the ground wire at the switch not the live. Not sure if this machine will be the same, and it won't be hard for you to figure that out anyways.

Most cylinder packings can be obtained locally from a good hydraulic repair shop. You can try www.epm.com or similar sites. Poclain was notorious for having several variations of cylinders on any one model.

Engine should be a Deutz, you might find a Deutz engine manual somewhere easier than a whole machine manual.

These machine would be a very very rare machine in Canada not sure about US. Manuals would be like finding hens teeth at best. If you have a particular problem with it post a question here. There are a lot of good guys here with a wealth of knowledge.

Last edited:

RED-355

ok yes engine is a deutz, 6 cylinder turbo. here are some pics!! apparently the track chains are the same as those off a caterpiller dozer?? i tried the excavator link on the case website but i couldnt find the model sc150, there are only cbx etc, only case machines !

thanks for your help!

Attachments

• DSCF3148.jpg
    DSCF3148.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 1,279
  • DSCF3188.jpg
    DSCF3188.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 1,332
Last edited:

gggraham

Occupation
Licensed Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic
On the Case site try changing your location. In the top RH corner it will tell you your location, try and change that to North America or even try other countries. Hopefully you find your model or close to it.

special tool

Did you buy this machine yet, or just doing initial info hunt?

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
apparently the track chains are the same as those off a caterpiller dozer??

I suspect that you have been told these are D4 or D5 chains and your thinking :pointhead Cat dozer, :nono I did exactly the same thing.

Apparently track chains are built to a "D" standard eg D2, D3, D4, D5 it does not relate to the dozers, but do not let that discourage you. These chains are almost certainly used on other exc around the world.
On the side of each link should be a number, find that and you have a reference point for all the scrappers and after market dealers to work to.
You will also need the pad bolt center to centre both ways and are the bolts parrallel or stepped. This is not so important if you find a set of chains with pads but will be important if you find chains and want to fit your pads to em ;), and how many links?

RED-355

ok cool, we have discussed price and he has accepted so it's more then likely.

as for the chains thankyou for that. i have talked to a few guys here and they reckon finding s/h chains is not a real problem!!! D5 i think they are!! made by berco!!

DigDug

RED, This company lists your Poclain. I am not sure how to order one , but they sell them as electronic copies. YOurs is listed at about the bottom of page . It is under SC150 Poclain Excavator.
http://www.epcatalogs.com/CASECE.html

Last edited:

stx-450

I would say its a sc 150 1972-1974 model, the one below this was a gc 120 single lift ram with the cab was on the right hand side, the model above this was a rc 200 what a beast it would dig in the hardest ground

During in the 70's and 80's i worked as a mechanic on all of their models in Aust including my favorite the 125p wheel excavator .......Poclain was a market leader in their day

roidain

Hi
I am looking for some info on a poclain 160cl, we have a oil leak in the track motor.Need to remove from machine not sure if we need to remove track, sprocket bull gear first then unbolt motor from inside, or do you just split motor at 2nd row of bolts

stx-450

Well the i presume its leaking at the duo and not the the track motor housing
so ......yes remove the track, you may be able to drop it of the idler with out splitting the track.

Is the final drive filling with hyd. oil? or are you losing gear oil? Also there were for memory two different types of track motors and final drives on them.

The best way to describe it would be is it a large flat motor ...say 600mm-800mm in size or is it smaller and pronounced with a small f/drive?

roidain

Well the i presume its leaking at the duo and not the the track motor housing
so ......yes remove the track, you may be able to drop it of the idler with out splitting the track.

Is the final drive filling with hyd. oil? or are you losing gear oil? Also there were for memory two different types of track motors and final drives on them.

The best way to describe it would be is it a large flat motor ...say 600mm-800mm in size or is it smaller and pronounced with a small f/drive?

Hi
It is the 600 to 800mm motor and it is leaking in to the final drve and then leaking out around the the sprocket seal so there is a bit of work to be done.
I have just re chromed the seal lands on the swing motor so hopfully that oil leak is gone

stx-450

Some times when the case drain filter has had its use by date (Clogged) it will cause back pressure thus causing it to leak past the vi-ton seal into the F/Drv and the other is piston bypass creating to much pressure within the motor housing and and and.....bearing wear/preload, use a small bottle jack under the F/D and check whether the movement is excessive