• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

point breaker/pulverizer etc... opinions

jms1387

Trying to decide which attachment to put on a 45,000 lb hoe for recycled concrete prep. 70% of our concrete is clean " no metal " and the other 30% has bar,wire mesh etc... what do you guys feel is the right option?

Thanks

clintm

Occupation
trucking,concrete recycling,grading, demolition
what size is your material and size are you trying to get it to. there is not one super attachment to do it all efficiently . it's kinda like using a set of pliers in place of a hole tool box of tools. I run both.

JDOFMEMI

If you can only have one, go for the breaker. It will size down large pieces that a pulverizer will not.

Given the choice, I would get both, but the breaker is hard to go without.

jms1387

We have anything from 11yds of strung out concrete out of a mixer to sidewalk panels so basically everything from small to big. We lease a lot of hyundai equipment as we have the model of run it 2000 hrs and turn it in and they are trying to get me to buy there brand of breaker. I know Hyundai puts their name on a break that is made in germany but i cant figure out what brand that is. IMO NPK is the leader and is kinda like a skill saw either buy skill saw brand or buy junk. does anyone have any input on which breaker is the most reliable. I know a group that runs cat breakers and they carry around two because one is always broken but when i worked at a quarry the never had breaker down time and it was NPK. Thoughts?

clintm

Occupation
trucking,concrete recycling,grading, demolition
look up sure strike.bz it's a drop hammer that works on your excavator it hits harder that a jack hammer and does not wreck your machine.I have one on a pc300. their is very little impact back to machine. they are so simple nothing but one hydraulic cyld a couple of pulleys and a nylon strap. I have never seen a jack hammer that is trouble free. a processor is no good for the concrete wash out pieces they are really only good for the reinforced concrete thats under 12" thick and the slabby stuff is hard to get a hold of because you it's hard to to get it flipped up into the jaws you end up chasing it around trying to flip them up which means a lot of wear on the pulverizer What kind of crusher are you running and what size of excavators. How do you like the Hyundai's

jms1387

Most of my concrete is 12" or less and breaks easy. i know those sure strikes are awesome but i would say it is way over kill for what i typically am breaking up.

We are renting a CRH1313R crusher_ we have the first one Terex/Cedar Rapids has made basically a CC Impact Recycle Plant. as far as the Hyundai it financially made sense for us to go that route and lease as we put on less that 1200 hrs a year and our company model is the turn and burn method so we are not after the longevity of a Cat. We only look at longevity in our large equipment purchases crushers,pavers etc.... I would say the Hyundai wheel loader is a prime example of what you get is what you paid for and i will leave it at that.

jms1387

Alright we got a new NPK #9 breaker and after a few hours of use ive already become frustrated. It has a chisel point which i did not want I wanted the blunt point as the material needs to fracture multiple directions not just across which is what the chisel point causes. The majority of the concrete needed broken is 8" thick and smaller and that is nothing for a chisel point. Being somewhat crafty i have was thinking why could i not weld a flat plate to the bottom say a chuck on steel that is 1ft square and 4-6" thick so more or less a plate tamper but on a breaker. I think this may give me the blunt contact i am after to fracture in multiple directions.

Has anyone farminized a breaker like this to achieve the results your looking for?