• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Polycarbonate Door

TorontoGuy

Can I suggest that before jumping in with both feet that you have your local dealer confirm the Part Number of the kit you need for your specific Serial Number.
Yes I have a local dealer where I can confirm before moving forward

Acoals

Occupation
Jack of all trades/Master of none
There are actually a surprising amount of parts involved. The $2000 number is from Fabick Cat; a few months ago I pretty much demolished everything related the the door on my 289D . . .

TorontoGuy

I it was all the gear necessary to mount it. A rental company also bought several for their machines and they were not happy either. Seemed like a good idea, even at 1700 its cheaper than OEM, just doesn't work as well.
Did the rental company ever considered the vinyl cover? I mean that is a huge step down