• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Priority swing delete

Mashtak

Hi, is there anybody who can disable PRIORITY SWING on machine 580 SLE? Or some better option how to make less worse? I really hate it and it is difficult to work with it. Thanks!

Attachments

• received_2269008586564623.jpeg
    received_2269008586564623.jpeg
    210 KB · Views: 59

aighead

Is that a real picture with real people? The guy in the blue shirt looks like a flat daddy.

Also, welcome to HEF! Also, that flat fronted bucket looks like it could be pretty handy.

Mashtak

Is that a real picture with real people? The guy in the blue shirt looks like a flat daddy.

Also, welcome to HEF! Also, that flat fronted bucket looks like it could be pretty handy.
Yeah, it is me and my brother :D The front bucket on exhaust prevents our barn before burn :D
It cannot be simply disabled.
The backhoe control valve has to be changed along with the plumbing for it.
The swing cylinders also need to be changed.
https://www.heavyequipmentforums.co...acement-priority-vs-non-priority-swing.41441/
Ok that is sad :/ no other option?

Welder Dave

How long have you owned the machine? Controlling swing is one of the harder things to get proficient at on a backhoe. There must be a reason Case offered it as an option. Faster cycles when digging a trench would be my guess. If it makes the swing too fast to control easily maybe a restrictor(s) (or smaller hoses) could be added to the lines going to the swing cylinders to slow it down a little? Looking online there might might be some parts that could be removed from the valve to disable the priority swing but you'd have to talk to a Case dealer to be sure.

Last edited:

Mashtak

About one year.
I was thinking about putting restricktion between hoses too. It might be solution of too fast and dangerous swing.
Next thing about swing control is that. When you rotate swing and add second function, the control stick on second function start stucking in positions. As if it were sticking. That is curious about priority swing.