• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

PTO snow blower

good-dog

I have a new to me 1993 110 John Deere Backhoe
Was thinking of getting Pto snow blower
Any thoughts on what I should get.
Size, Name brand, What to look for in buying a used one
thanks

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
At only 20 something horsepower you don't want to go any wider than the outside of the machine tires. If your 110 is hydrostatic it will handle it better as you can baby into heavier snow under PTO speed RPM. Unless wet and heavy, blowing snow is a miserable job if you don't have a cab. It seems to blow back on the operator no matter what way the wind blows. I assume your backhoe has a 3 point hitch and PTO. Look for a dual stage blower where a separate impeller throws the snow. If you have a cab you will need a hyd control circuit operating rear outlets for a hydraulic discharge chute turning control.

Delmer

You can only edit for an hour after posting. There's lots of info on snowblowers on various other sites. Try searching for any specific model and you'll find threads plenty of pluses and minuses, and comparisons to other models.