• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Putting a boom and stick on a delimber

marcosabatino

So I picked up a awsome steal of a deal. Its a 1997 link - belt 3400 Q delimber. It has been at this yard for the last 6 years after then redid the entire undercarage and turn table and pumps. The guy couldnt pay off the repair bill and Parker Pacific took it. I just got it off of them and I was thinking that I could just put a boom on the carrier (from a burnt machine) and put either a harvister head or a processing head. From what I can find it is 22 ton and I was thinking the hth616c from waratah. Has anyone ever done this before? The machine is in awsome shape and only has 5000 hours on it so its like new to me...Any input would be appriciated. thx

Hillbillybjopkr

Occupation
Logger
honestly. If you were thinkin of goin the processor route....i'd stick with the stroker boom. I run a Denarco DT 3500...and I can handle way bigger wood than most processors. And once you get in "The Flow" you can go faster than a processor. If you dealin with small/light wood...processor is the way to go. I'm in the southern Pacific NW and deal with alot of large pine/fir.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
All the strokers have the boom cylinders shortened. If you want to put an excavator boom and dangle head on you will need the boom cylinders also.

Most of the people in this area have gone away from the strokers. They are filthy and hard to keep running and measuring when they get old. When they leak it runs down on the rest of the machine. When they are broken you have to be a mountain climber to fix them. When you need parts you never know who is going to carry them as they are out of business, again.

Good used logging machinery is getting pretty sparse now days. Many of the bankruptcies are starting to wind down so not so many of those machines are available. I don't believe there is such a thing as a good used stroker now. You will generally be purchasing a lot of heart ache.

Good Luck!

marcosabatino

well I think there are a few good buys out there you just have to know where to find it. Like I said this stroker is in awsome shape, its just been sitting for the last couple of years. But i have heard of the people that owned it before were always ontop of what they had and it shows in this stroker. I am from central bc and there is alot of big wood around still but lots is the pine bettle which are little pecker poles. Anyways thx for the comments.

does anyone know how much presure the hydrolic pumps produce on this model??