• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Question on Terex TS14G which resided North of Edmonton, AB- Ron Hoff?

Questionable wizard

Purchased a TS14G from a Hutterite group NE of Calgary in September. They said it came from someone north of Edmonton. It's a lower hour late 2006 model machine serial number S8531045 with 3965 hours on the front ECM. It shows 1740 idle hours. Rear is 3934/1816. That's a lot of idling. Only 2200 hours doing work. Looks like it was originally sold by Thoesen Equipment in Chicago. Its been modified with RedDot HVAC on the roof, fast fuel connections, and emergency steering. Question for Ron, if he will answer, did you do any work on this one? Are the idle hours because it was a problem machine? I'd PM him, but he hasn't responded to PMs.Jon's phone 10-12-2020 011 (Medium).jpg

Last edited:

Welder Dave

Hutterites aren't lacking for money so probably aren't worried too much about idling machines. I remember seeing some of these new Terex at a dealer in Edmonton back around that time.

Questionable wizard

This group from Beiseker claimed they owned it for three years. Put 130 hours on it building a barn pad. They said it sat for the last two as it had developed transmission problems. The disappointing part was they ran it during those hours with no rear engine air filters. A bird nest was made in the housing. The turbo compressor wheel has chunks missing as it sucked bird nest thru. All the intake piping has a thorough coating of dirt. I'm not sure how to clean the aftercooler without cutting it apart. The engine starts and sounds good, but that may be a false hope. Maybe hone the sleeves, change the rings, and go thru the head would be the way to go.

Welder Dave

It was quite a few years ago and I'm not sure. It might have been Hammer Equipment that is now Rocky Mountain Equipment. They were the Case dealer at the time too.