• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Questionable video's online

Welder Dave

When he still lived in Ohio he had an awesome channel. I really liked his exploration of the welding world. Well done videos and a lot of cool stuff shown.

When he moved to TX it all changed, and not for the better.
I guess people could relate to him but most of the time he wasn't really sure what he was doing and basically just experimenting. I don't think he could explain too much about how things work or the theory behind them but hats off to him for making a (good) living making video's and not having to work. He got pi$$ed at what was supposed to be a welding job but he didn't get to do any welding. After that he was completely turned off of working for someone else. He racist tirade from several years ago angered a lot of people who followed him. Several members on the Welding Web were really rooting for him to get a welding apprenticeship. One member (CEP) who I was great friends with (although I never met him) even sent Lanse some welding equipment he had bought just to help Lanse out. I'm sure he regretted it after Lanse's tirade. Sadly Carl passed away a couple years ago. He was probably the most liked member on the WW and is very missed.

Welder Dave

Here's a questionable video, didn't even know my wife was videoing/thought she was taking
photos, yeah anyone can do it, but some subject is better than others.
That's not questionable at all. I'm sure if there were video's of all the steps in the build you'd have a zillion followers and could have made a few bucks too.

IceHole

The problem with looking to online videos, or even forum posts, is you need at least a little knowledge of the subject to determine who knows what they are talking about. Many of us know enough about various subjects to sort through the BS and find useful information whereas Harry Homeowner is just blindly following whatever he see’s online.
I hate trying to find suggestions on how to do something and have to skim a 30min video for maybe 45 seconds of actual info.

Replaced the headlight housings on a 97 F350 a few days ago. I could have made a minute long video showing the steps vs the ones with ads, sponsors, fluff, b/s, etc.

Welder Dave

Some of them may have good info you're looking for but there's way too much fluff and useless stuff it's painful to watch. I can't remember what it was about but 1 video about fixing something or going to look at something had 5 to 10 minutes of the guy just driving to the location. Then like was mentioned the info you were interested in is about a minute long. Get to the point of the video. Speaking of Lanse, most of his early and even later video's contain way too much useless content nobody cares about or needs to see. On the other hand some people skim through the important parts they're trying to explain, like showing how to do a weld but not chipping the slag off to see what the weld actually looks like.