• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Random things I cant seem to find a solution too

Tyler d4c

First problem is the yellow auxiliary plug in the new step deck. Is there a standard for wiring it the guy told me what pin was ground and witch was for the lift axle. Or is this a wire to suit situation.

Second problem is led lights. Does someone make a resistor that plugs in the 3 pin plug on the light so I don't have to hack up the wiring to make them blink like normal. The truck in question powers the lights via bcm so can't just change the flasher.
Thanks fellas.

OzDozer

Occupation
Semi-Retired ..

Tyler d4c

Screenshot_20230824_205709_Chrome.jpg
This is the connector I'm working with the tralier already has the standard 7 pin for the lights this is for auxiliary use. The inverted pin is the ground and the very bottom one is the lift.
The resistors those are all I'm finding I thought maybe there was a better option.
Looks like it will be the plan

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
What are you pulling the trailer with? They make electronic flashers, it’s more like a little circuit board than a flasher, to make LED lights work right with older trucks. They don’t pull enough juice to make a traditional flasher work right.

Tyler d4c

The tralier plug and led light troubles are from 2 different rigs.
The light trouble is on a 2011 f750 straight truck
The plug trouble is on a Wabash step deck pulled by a 13 letter spreader hx520
My mistake I should have mentioned that

Truck Shop

The reason there is no direct plug in {between light and pigtail} is heat. These resistors create
heat. Several of the leading trailer manufactures {Utility/Great Dane} started making the top
rear outside markers Flash. Using a resistor, darn near everyone we had got hot enough it melted
connection's/terminals, so I cut those out and returned them to a standard red marker. Not DOT
required.

stinky64

Occupation
big truck wrench/fixer of things
Several years back when working at Yellow we upgraded all the older Volvo trucks to LED tail lights and had to reprogram the light control modules to get the new bulbs to blink correctly, don't know if 2011 f750 has that option, may be possible if you've got computer capability.

heymccall

I had my Sierra 2500HD trucks reprogrammed for rear LED lights, as that's what the knapheide bodies came with. While they was programming, I had the reverse lights disabled from the courtesy lighting, so the backup alarm wouldn't sound while locking or unlocking in the dark.
It wasn't straightforward as my selling dealer's service department was dumber than a box of rocks, even when handed the bulletin, instructions, and TAC number.
Had to take it different dealer.

Tyler d4c

I may just try to hook the lap top up and see if it can be done I've order the resistors one way or another I'll get it fixed