• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Rayco track wear.

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
I think National Vegetation have 1or 2 300hp but I haven't been able to find any agent for them in Aust.

australian pete

Occupation
clearing contractor.
Pete, The Berco part# I am showing on your machine is a CR4854/44 which is a Heavy Duty D4 excavator style chain. This chain is really common. Why did you order it from Italy. It is showing a D4D roller which is part# CR1328. I am showing your idler to be part# ID609 which is a John Deere 690B idler. Your top roller is part# CR2880. On your chain I am showing two other part#'s that would work. they are LK49/44 and CR3125/44. I am really surprised you couldn't find the chains and sprockets local. I sold 4 of the chains to the Bron Dealer about a week ago. His machines have the same problem, they wear out chains and rollers very very fast.

hi quick trax, i had a look at the invoice, part number for chain is CR6511/44
link assembly ,greased,sealed.
idler group with track ajuster and tensioner, VA299C.
what do you come up with these numbers ?

QuickTrax

hi quick trax, i had a look at the invoice, part number for chain is CR6511/44
link assembly ,greased,sealed.
idler group with track ajuster and tensioner, VA299C.
what do you come up with these numbers ?

Pete, The CR6511/44 is the sealed and greased chain w/ split master links.
The LK49/44 is the sealed and greased chain w/ master pins. My customers had a problem with the master bolts breaking so we have started leaning towards the master pin type chain on mulchers. As long as you double check your master bolts every few days you shouldn't have a problem.
Your VA299C sounds like it is the entire track adjuster and idler set up. My number was just the complete idler.
Thanks, QuickTrax

jamesn

Occupation
forestry mulching
junk the rayco, buy a supertrack 140 hp, alot better machine than the rayco

Tones

Occupation
Thanks for that Jim but we are a bit to far down the track,so we will continue to try to make a silk purse out of a sows ear. Who makes a supertrack?

australian pete

Occupation
clearing contractor.
Pete, The CR6511/44 is the sealed and greased chain w/ split master links.
The LK49/44 is the sealed and greased chain w/ master pins. My customers had a problem with the master bolts breaking so we have started leaning towards the master pin type chain on mulchers. As long as you double check your master bolts every few days you shouldn't have a problem.
Your VA299C sounds like it is the entire track adjuster and idler set up. My number was just the complete idler.
Thanks, QuickTrax
thanks quick trax, that clears it up, the idler does include the entire track ajuster. is it the split master links that make this chain so rare, as i said earlier there are none in australia. do you know what CATmachine that chain would fit ?

QuickTrax

The CR6511/44 chain would fit the Cat 312, B or 311, B. The link count would be different but it would fit. The Chain that would come from cat would have master pins and not master links. The next time you need chains you could go to the cat dealer and put Cat on it to see how it would hold up. The Bron dealer I deal with has done that and he went back to the Berco because he wasn't getting any more time out of the Cat chain.

jamesn

Occupation
forestry mulching
supertrack is made by a company in florida, tom king is the owner. if you type in super track on your computer you will find the web site. take my word, as i have over 15 years in mulching. for a smaller machine supertrack is the way to go

Digdeep

supertrack is made by a company in florida, tom king is the owner. if you type in super track on your computer you will find the web site. take my word, as i have over 15 years in mulching. for a smaller machine supertrack is the way to go

Good luck getting service for the machine down in Australia. Supertrak buys machines/frames from CAT or Takeuchi and modifies them for mulching. They don't have a dealer network. They rely on the local CAT dealer for their generosity to work on it and I know of two owners up here in the Midwest that have given up on that arrangement- CAT charges enough as it is to work on equipment- imagine how effective they would be working on a machine they knew little about? Especially half way around the world. The machines do work well as I'm told but like I said- good luck with service.

australian pete

Occupation
clearing contractor.
The CR6511/44 chain would fit the Cat 312, B or 311, B. The link count would be different but it would fit. The Chain that would come from cat would have master pins and not master links. The next time you need chains you could go to the cat dealer and put Cat on it to see how it would hold up. The Bron dealer I deal with has done that and he went back to the Berco because he wasn't getting any more time out of the Cat chain.
thanks quick trax for your help, it seems very few people know anything about the tracks on rayco's.
are greased tracks the same as SALT tracks ? as i understand it excavators normally have dry tracks so maybe that is why greased or SALT excavator chains are apparently so rare and that is probably the reason berco do not keep those chains in australia.

QuickTrax

Pete, I have not came across any excavators that have lubricated chains. The reason they do not come with lubricated chains is because the seals would fail quickly due to the wide pads and the side to side movement from the boom. The side to side movement would crack the thrust rings that keeps all of the weight off of the seals. Once the thrust rings crack, the seals would get smashed causing the oil to leak out and your joints would go dry. Majority of the aftermarket excavator chains we sell are sealed and greased. These chains have polyseals with no thrust rings. The polyseals help keep grease in the chain. The dry excavator chains have seal washers and not seals. These chains new come with a coating of grease in each joint only to keep it from freezing up while it sits waiting to be sold. Once intalled and used this grease quickly goes away. Most OEM chains are now sealed and greased w/ polyseals. We still see some that are the seal washer type but not many.
On your Rayco, the chains you ordered should be the sealed and greased type. If they are dry you will not get nearly the hours you would get. The price difference between the dry and sealed and greased are not that different.
We refer to the sealed and greased type as being the Heavy Duty chains.
Thanks, QuickTrax

australian pete

Occupation
clearing contractor.
thanks for the explanation quick trax, i am starting to understand this now, when i ordered the chains i asked the guy from berco if they were SALT and he said yes, however on the invoice they are described as greased. i dont know if CAT sell the excavator in australia you mentioned, whan i got a price off CAT they were going to supply a D4 chain and berco have no stock in australia so maybe it is not sold here. does not matter as i guess the berco ones will be ok, i will just have to order them well in advance if i keep the rayco.one again thanks for taking the time to explain it all.

Tones

Occupation
Any idea what sprockets this machine uses? 23 teeth 22 bolts.
The c140 has a specially made sprocket and is only available from Rayco unless you can get a ring to weld on. The problem is in the offset. :(

daveyclimber

I was referring to the T275. I imagine the sprockets are readily available in Europe for the original OEM machine they were designed for. My undercarriage guys are striking out here. My problem with otherwise current good sprockets is the wrong offset. They are about an inch off and they gouge on the rails.

Tones

Occupation
I was referring to the T275. I imagine the sprockets are readily available in Europe for the original OEM machine they were designed for. My undercarriage guys are striking out here. My problem with otherwise current good sprockets is the wrong offset. They are about an inch off and they gouge on the rails.
Maybe they are a Rayco part only also.