• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Rd Macks

cat320

Charter Member
This is the last production year for the RD model Macks.Now being replaced by the granite.What does every one think about that.It's the end of an era.

Attachments

• 51117282_1[1].jpeg
    51117282_1[1].jpeg
    58.8 KB · Views: 763

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
Yes it is. I remember when the B's were discontinued, there are plenty of them around yet! Mack has a "Special Edition" model out this year as a send off.

I always thought the R cabs were cramped, but otherwise that was a tough truck to beat. Very sturdy and dependable.

BKrois

Charter Member
Occupation
Multi purpose
I've always liked the R models. More room than my B model, and a more modern dash, even on the early ones. They had a modern look even when they first came out, i've always liked the design, and while they might now be the most roomiest, they were a heavy duty work truck.

I've got a few R models i've found out about that i might acquire.

I'll post more details if i end up getting one of them.

mikegamb

Charter Member
Originally posted by BKrois
I've always liked the R models. More room than my B model, and a more modern dash, even on the early ones. They had a modern look even when they first came out, i've always liked the design, and while they might now be the most roomiest, they were a heavy duty work truck.

I've got a few R models i've found out about that i might acquire.

I'll post more details if i end up getting one of them.

Send one my way friend.a single screw rat or even a dump would be just fine LOL

LaLaMan

My fav truck of all time, truck guys laugh at me when I tell em I kinda like them more then the 379. But the Granite is a awesome truck.