• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Rear axle oscillating cylinder is locked

Carreradaddy

I have a LULL 1044c-54 serial number 19406 and the rear axle oscillation lock is engaged, light is illuminated and the boom 20 light on the circuit board is not illuminated so the machine thinks the boom is above 20degrees and has the axle oscillator cylinder frame locked so rough terrain travel is difficult.

tractormech

Have you checked the boom proximity switch? And have you checked to see if power is going to the switch? If the switch goes bad it will lock the axle.

Carreradaddy

The switch has a small light on it and it illuminated so I assumed it has power. I have adjusted all 3 proximity switches to the .25 spacing. But the boom 20 circuit light on the circuit board is not illuminated and oscillating lock light is illuminated and the cylinder is locked. The boom 40 circuit is operating as it should so it seems to be an electrical issue or a proximity switch wiring issue.

tractormech

Theres a standard 5 prong relay for both the 20° and 40° proximity switches. The 20° relay gets power on terminal 85 FROM the 20° proximity switch. Check to see if there's power there, and see if there's power on terminal 30. I'd just put a new relay in and see if it starts working. If not, pull the relay back out,grab a test light and check for power at 85 and 30.