• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Relief valve o-ring question

How many orings are inside a relief valve,
-have replaced 3 (red arrows)
Now dripping from adjuster (green arrow)
Is there another oring accessible by removing the lock nut and hex screw?BC9ADCF6-7AF6-4C0C-8EDD-295F2C415E00.jpeg9913959D-7188-4A77-ADC5-A17F28151EB2.jpeg

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
To the best of my knowledge, the only O rings are those you illustrate. that with the backup ring is important to retain pressure.
Kind regards
Uffex

Attachments

• Rv.jpeg
    Rv.jpeg
    21.6 KB · Views: 7

NRath

Take a look here...

May be relevant.

Uffex's pic isn't an exact match for yours but it's really close. Looks like there's probably 3 internals in it. Gotta figure yours has similar internal o-rings.

Attachments

• Daewoo RV.JPG
    Daewoo RV.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

NRath

Here is your huckleberry20230426_194313.jpg

This one is so hard it may not have even been a nitrile o-ring. But it will be tomorrow.

Acoals

Occupation
Jack of all trades/Master of none
That looks like the sort of thing that shouldn't be taken apart unless one has the procedure to reset whatever it is that set screw is controlling . . .

NRath

That looks like the sort of thing that shouldn't be taken apart unless one has the procedure to reset whatever it is that set screw is controlling . . .
Yeah, would mostly agree. For Daewoo, I'm not suggesting you should take it apart w/o proper tools to set correctly when reassembled.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Well, just my thoughts, it's designed to be taken apart because there's a serviceable o-ring there, typical poppet style relief valve. But with that said, one most certainly must re-set that relief valve to proper pressure spec upon performing that repair.

Yeah, would mostly agree. For Daewoo, I'm not suggesting you should take it apart w/o proper tools to set correctly when reassembled.
Could a person just hook a gauge to the line after the relief valve and set to the rated pressure by stalling that specific line? Or does the relief have to be set to a specific psi at a shop before reinstallation? That’s the main leaker on my hoe, all 7 or 8 of them.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
You have two relief valves for every circuit, number one is the main relief valve protecting the pump from over pressure and limiting each circuit.
Number two is the port relief or shock valve this offers limited protection to each circuit line when the main valve is closed, normally this will be adjusted to a higher value than the main relief valve.
Some manufacturers endorse temporary increase of the main relief enabling adjustment, others only endorse bench adjustment. By random increase of the port relief will achieve very little only put the motors-cylinders at more risk of damage
I hope the explanation is of help, also see attachment.
Kind reggards
Uffex

Attachments

• H2 adjust shock valve pressure.pdf
    711.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
A contact posted this may help Daewoo - Kayaba Info
Kind regards