• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Remove rear dogbone pin on D5N xl.

Ted Allen

D5N xl AGGO1698......trying to remove the pin on the c frame dog bone...pin seems loose and drawings don't show any thing holding it after the top retainer is removed but it will not drive out from the top...I can feel the bottom of the pin flush with the housing. Am I missing a retainer somewhere. schematic attached. It is pin 9 on area Aimage001.png

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
See if the attachment gives you any ideas. It looks like there might be a bit of a trick to getting that pin out. Also the blade could need some back & forth movement to take the weight off the dog bone.

Attachments

• REHS1704.pdf
    4.2 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Ted Allen

Already taken the blade off the machine and have been rebuilding the hydraulic cylinders and all the ball joints. I went ahead and removed that housing that has the four bolts that holds the dogbone. got it out now where I can whale on it with a ten pounder and it is tough. Moved it about 3/4 inch after pounding for an hour. Had to take a break.
Thanks for all those files, Nige!

Ted Allen

got it out, took the four bolts out from the housing and removed the whole thing so I could flip it upsidedown and drive from the bottom. Thanks for all the advice!

Ted Allen

yes, spherical bearing was holding it....and the spacers....would have actually come out either way...top or bottom...only thing holding it is the retainer on the top!