• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Replacing heater in an 1845C and looking for ideas on plumbing

Jbullfrog

I have an 1845C with a Simms cab and the Zero Start heater box. The compression fittings on the back started to leak, so I pulled it out and found the ferrules were wore into the tubes croaked and it couldn't be saved. I got a replacement and cut the new tubes to accept the 90 deg compression fittings. I didn't get new fittings, just new ferrels. I soon found that the fittings wouldn't seal. I got 1 new fitting, as parts stores around me don't stock 5/8" compression 90ies. The replacement core had one of the tubes twist and crack where it attaches to the core. I broke down and bought a 2nd new core. Are there any option for 90 deg fittings that push on?

Attachments

• KIMG1575.JPG
    KIMG1575.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 23
  • KIMG1573.JPG
    KIMG1573.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 24
  • KIMG1572.JPG
    KIMG1572.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 24
  • KIMG1571.JPG
    KIMG1571.JPG