• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Repower Caterpillar 130G motor grader ???

agfel

I just bought a 130g military grader and was told it's a 140g frame and a 120g engine I have a 120G and it's already underpowered will a 3306pc fit ???

CatGrader

Occupation
Grader Operator
I all ways wanted to get my hands on an old (GOOD NICK ) 16 G and whack a 12V71 in the old girl.
Jesus they pushed good with the old slug cat motor but a 500 HP GEMMY now thats another story. :D

OzDozer

Occupation
Semi-Retired ..
The 130G was the most gutless grader Cat ever built, in the articulated versions. They're simply a maintenance grader, yet Cat sold them as a replacement for the knuckle-buster Cat 12E's.

muncherman

The 130G was the most gutless grader Cat ever built, in the articulated versions. They're simply a maintenance grader, yet Cat sold them as a replacement for the knuckle-buster Cat 12E's.
the 130g was the closest thing to heaven if you had just got off an old 21f. doing irriation drains.
i didnt care if i had to push it along,the fact that it had good hydraulics was good enough for the change.
in all fairness to them you had to whip them along with plenty of revs which we wernt used to and we were too heavy handed on the hydraulic blade which we also werent used to.