• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

resealing control valves on JD 570A

Tim Gromly

I recently bought a John Deere 570A and most of the control valves are leaking.
I've got most of the lines off of the valve block, but it looks like I will have to disconnect the lines just forward of the cab and pull the steering wheel assembly off to get the valve block out. Is this right?

I've never torn into a control valve block, so if anyone has any tips, I'd appreciate it.
I bought 2 JD oring/seal kits, and plan to see if Rocket Seals can match them up for less than $82/kit.
With 9 valves to do, it adds up....

The kit has a few orings with colored dots on them, but no explanation in the pkg or manual where they go.
The same kit does all 9 of the spools, even though some are different internally. The block is made by Cessna.

I can post some pics later if that helps.