• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

revs dip with hydraulic use

aighead

Hey Gang, apparently I'm not using the correct words to search for something I can't imagine hasn't been asked...

I got the ol' hoe out yesterday morning to maintain the burn pile. It was likely around 40-45 degrees F when I fired her up. I ran it for about a minute or two, then I drive off to the burn pile. After I get situated I rev it up to around 2k, or just under, and start moving logs and stumps around in the pile, with the hoe, and I find as I'm doing that my revs are dipping in the neighborhood of 500 rpm. What would cause something like that? Could this be due to the machine/fluids being cold? I only used it for maybe 15 minutes so it likely never got to real operating temperature... I don't recall this happening last year but maybe I'm mistaken as when it was cold I primarily just used the loader side for moving snow.

What do you guys think? Sorry if I'm posting a question that has been asked one billion times.