• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Right of Way clearing??

KrayzKajun

Occupation
Own a Landscape & Irrigation Company
Wondering how yall make contacts or find out about right of ways clearing jobs. There are tons of gas/oil pipelines, electrical and railway ROWs near me. Should i just start calling the utility companies and send emails untill i make the right connection?

Randy88

Don't know how its done down there, but most are put out to bids here, you maybe shoud contact the head offices and see first off if they want anythig done, state projects are bid through the state offices, in my area they have lists of names they contact for when bidding opens up, you have to have your name on the list to even bid, but that depends on the job and who its for, check locally and ask quesitons, someone should be able to tell you who to contact, how to contact them and how its done in your area.

buckfever

I'm with Randy88. We do some right-of-way clearing for a local sewer athourity. Just have to hit the bricks and get your name out there.

stumpjumper83

Occupation
Movin dirt
Right of way work can be a tough nut to crack. Alot of times is don't call us, we willcall you stuff. Also if its say a natural gas transportation line it falls under dot authority, so more paperwork is needed, things like twic cards and stuff for people working there.