• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Ripper mounted disc cutter for bitumen

bigrus

Occupation
Joystick attendant
Some years ago, I saw on the rear rippers of a 140G near Mackay Qld Australia, a large disc/coulter attachment, cutting through the bitumen, obviously preparing for some heavy patching.
I'm wondering if anyone would know the name of this attachment as the company I'm now working for would have a use for a similar type attachment as the heavy patching job requires cutting through the geomat fabric under the tar.

Regards Russ

bigrus

Occupation
Joystick attendant
Thanks Jonas302, I can pass this on to the management to show them what I was talking about. It wouldn't be "rocket science" to fabricate one, just finding a competent person. We're in the middle of the first winter crop harvest in 4 years so everybody is flat out. we had to trim up some extra bunkers at Thallon SW Qld as they're running out of room. Already had a train depart for the Port of BrisbaneIMG_20201103_152809.jpg

Last edited: