• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Robbed by your own equipment

bobcatmechanic

Occupation
bobcat mechanic
when ever i take equipment home for the weekend to use i always unplug the fuel shut off on the engine or the speed sensor or some part that it may start or crank over but will not allow the machine to run also when i unplug stuff leave it half plugged in where it looks like its connected or just pull fuses and that will also stop them granted you tell all your secrets and anyone reading on the forums now knows what to look for

Pick up a couple of hunting trail cameras from a hunting store. Walmart has these also. They are used for taking pictures of wildlife in your hunting grounds. They come with a strap on the back for mounting. Disable the flash and place them in equipment or areas that will likely be robbed.

Most of these cameras have an IR, or Infra-Red, light thats not detectable by humans. Even with the flash disabled, you should still get pictures of the perps in darkness. The camera will detect motion and will start taking pictures. You set how many pictures it takes per every motion detection.

The key is how many you use. Place some in the equipment and outside the equipment. They might find one or two but they can't find them all. Some of the better digital ones are $100-$150 a piece. Cheap insurance if you ask me.

The quantity of pictures you takes is also important. If you're not lucky enough to get their faces, pictures of their vehicle and the like can also help. Take all pictures directly to the authorities.

If you know where they are entering the site, place one there as well. Just make sure all the batteries are good. Also, if you are the one placing the cameras, don't tell anyone. If you happen to have someone doing an inside job, they won't know they are there.

Good luck.

wal mart has one for under a $100 bucks

Last edited by a moderator: