• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Rollers leeking oil on '05 cat 305cr

hrc200x

Went out to machine a couple days ago and seen a few drops of oil on the tracks. I didn't think these even had oil in them, but apparently they must. maybe 5 or 6 of the 10 rollers on both sides were leeking. Machine had been sitting for 3 days. It was after a somwhat cold night (there was frost). Could it be that the metal shrunk that much causing some minor seepage? Are these sealed from the factory or can a person keep topping them off? If so what type of fluid? Rebuildable?

yanmarman

Occupation
union ironworker
Thats to bad.Thers a small plug that you take out to refill with 90 weight,start looking for new rollers. some are rebuiltable good luck

hrc200x

Used machine Sunday after it had sat 3 days and everything was dry, no drips. I'm thinking it was somthing to do with cold temps. I had a liquid cooled snowmobile that would leek coolant when it sat for a few days but only when temps get down around -20 F, temps in the teens to 20s no puddles.

I'll top the rollers off and keep an eye on them. Thanks.