• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

S. Madill, Blacksmith, Founded in 1911 in Nanaimo BC

ap40rocktruck

Occupation
Owner / Master Model Maker
ANYPLACE other that the US is better logging! much less in terms of tree huggers, rules & regulations, activists & stupid people who just don't understand where all their "things" come from or are made of............

ARG, i better stop now before the train jumps the tracks

Ap40

furpo

Is it just me or does logging in NZ seem WAY better than in the US?
Huge landings, buying all of our nice yarders, always new shovels & processors.......It just seems as if it is far more profitable.

Don't worry about us. The US and Canadian forestry management companies are doing their best at keeping it tight for everyone down here.

furpo

does anyone no the part no for a slue ring for madill 122 swing yarder no 12203

Try get hold of Prolog on here. He just put a new slew bearing in his 123 so might be able to point you in the right direction. Got any photos of your machine? I see 12229 has just come down your way.

NZLOG

Occupation
Logger
Try get hold of Prolog on here. He just put a new slew bearing in his 123 so might be able to point you in the right direction. Got any photos of your machine? I see 12229 has just come down your way.

Iain May did Prologs slew ring (north island equipment). Performance mechanical Taupo did Andrew Sutherlands 123 recently! Brett from Goughs rotorua will help with part numbers etc.

DBDLS

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Sure wish I knew how to resize photos.I've been working with a real nice madill yarders.a couple 124s and a 255b. But like I said to computer/smartphone illiterate to post photos
Can somebody more computer literate than yours truly step up and help hoechucker out here. Many of us really would like to see theses photos. THANX.

DBDLS

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Thank you Knocker of Rock. My fingers are too fat, apparently, to operate an iPhone. I gave it away to a friend of the family and got an iPad mini. The only thing is I can't figure out is why I can't get the cell phone function to work. LOL. (That's pretty hip text lingo for a person verging getting the senior's discount at Walmart, I'd say.)

Last edited:

JeremyM70

Occupation
Electronics Tech
Ipad doesn't allow you to make calls? Other than Skype or an internet based phone service I think. I have an Ipad Mini and love it BTW!
Thank you Knocker of Rock. My fingers are too fat, apparently, to operate an iPhone. I gave it away to a friend of the family and got an iPad mini. The only thing is I can't figure out is why I can't get the cell phone function to work. LOL. (That's pretty hip text lingo for a person verging getting the senior's discount at Walmart, I'd say.)

ap40rocktruck

Occupation
I purposely have a dumb phone, so he can't text me the photos.

This IS the only way to be, I stand with you, 100% against the "smart-phone" that here in the USA is linked directly to the "No-Security-for-Americans" My flip phone is just that, a phone, cost me $5.00 / month, which is nothing compared to the wife's Iphone at $200.00 / month for the CHEAPEST plan....:Banghead:Banghead:Banghead:Banghead:Banghead

Ap40

Vigilant

Occupation
Attitude Adjuster at the Graybar Hotel
This IS the only way to be, I stand with you, 100% against the "smart-phone" that here in the USA is linked directly to the "No-Security-for-Americans" My flip phone is just that, a phone, cost me $5.00 / month, which is nothing compared to the wife's Iphone at $200.00 / month for the CHEAPEST plan....:Banghead:Banghead:Banghead:Banghead:Banghead

Ap40

+1000 here. Motorola barrage flip phone. I also took my TV to the landfill years ago.

Kiwi Logger

What a great day, the view from the office being our newest 046 up and running today. A nice sunny day in the distance is a 071 working with a Acme carriage and off to the left out of sight a 171, I love that sound of Whistles echoing around the hills.046 Cab.jpg

ap40rocktruck

Occupation
What a great day, the view from the office being our newest 046 up and running today. A nice sunny day in the distance is a 071 working with a Acme carriage and off to the left out of sight a 171, I love that sound of Whistles echoing around the hills.View attachment 106202
DANG, Now THAT is a office with a view. more more more please.

Ap40

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
Pics of Madill 143 model serial no: 88015

Attachments

• Madill_143s1.jpg
    Madill_143s1.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 1,710
  • Madill_143s2.jpg
    Madill_143s2.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 1,709
  • Madill_143s3.jpg
    Madill_143s3.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 1,692
  • Madill_143s4.jpg
    Madill_143s4.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 1,711
  • Madill_143s5.jpg
    Madill_143s5.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 1,709

T Rex

If its not to late to be of help we have just of late replaced the slew ring on our 123. The slew ring was supplied by Ian here in NZ with a very short lead time the only difference is that the new slew ring is metric pitch which requires the pinion gear to be replaced at the same time .