• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

s250 low charge pressure

Sweandog

Hello everyone!

I am the proud new owner of a 2006 s250 with 2800 hrs. I'm going to give you a short back story on this machine I just bought and potentially got hosed on. I'm hoping with a bit of guidance from y'all, I won't be completely screwed. The weekend after I bought the machine, it wouldn't start (dead battery). I charged it up, and we were golden! The next day the machine wouldn't let me operate the lift/tilt function. The previous owner pointed out a fuse on a set of wires that he said go to the auxiliary diesel heater, and if you don't pull it when you let the machine sit, it'll kill the battery. With the lift/tilt function still not working I flipped the cab and decided to take a look. This is when I connected the dots. The wires go straight from the battery to the lift/tilt solenoid as the original wires were damaged. I cut back the original wires and repinned them. While repinning the wires, I noticed the hydraulic pressure sensor was unplugged... After repinning the wires and plugging in the pressure sensor, I still don't have the lift/tilt function, the panel shows low hydraulic pressure, and it shuts down the machine.

That being said, I have replaced the hydraulic filters (they were at 800 hours) I'm not sure if the one that's a bit bigger than a shotgun shell has been replaced or not. I got the code 17-05 (Hydraulic lock valve solenoid short to the battery). How should I proceed? When you bypass the lift tilt and run straight to the battery the machine works fine and was how the machine was set-up before. I replaced the solenoid that's next to the line that has the pressure sensor in it, In the old solenoid that I pulled off someone had cut the inside portion of the stem off with a die grinder. I was hoping the new solenoid and stem would fix the hydraulic issue with no dice. I have a handful of hydraulic gauges but don't have a proper adapter to go into the system where the pressure sensor goes. Does anyone know what size that is?

As of now, my game plan is to find out if there is a wiring issue that could cause these two symptoms and how I could address them. Any and all input is very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance, I hope whoever is reading this has a great day!

ozarkag

By lift/ tilt solenoids are you referring referring to the 2 spool lock solenoids? These would have a stem that could have been cut off in an attempt to bypass the valve lockout.

Sweandog

Yes, it was one of the spool lock solenoids.

since then i unplugged the lift/tilt solenoid and I'm still getting the same code. have you ever seen a machine with a failed computer causing symptoms like this?

ozarkag

So the lift/ tilt solenoid is the Bics solenoid?
Single black coil in the middle of the valve
Trying to follow here . . .

IceHole

Just 1 hydraulic filter, it's on the "firewall" when the cab is lifted.

The other is a case drain filter. I suppose technically a hydraulic filter, but it just needs cleaned.

When it's not allowing functions, the pedals can't move?

Sweandog

Oh, Ive been wondering where the case drain filter is (insert face palm emoji)

the pedals move but the bucket will tilt an inch or two but thats it, you can hear the hydraulics grumble like its under a heavy load. if you bypass the machines wiring harness like the previous owner did then they work fine.