• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

S595 tire

wrc

I've searched high and low and can't seem to find a good answer. I've got a s595 loader. It has the 10x16.5 tires. It was an option to get 12x16.5 according to Bobcats website. I am short on traction more then I would like and honestly the machine feels too tippy. Has anyone here ever changed tire size to 12x16.5? If so were the results very noticeable? The other option I thought of would be a set of over the tire tracks? I know tires would be the cheapest, if I go with ott they will have to be rubber. As 70 to 80 percent of my time is spent on pavement. Ive also thought of steel ott but I think they would be too much of a hassle. I'm hoping someone can say a larger set of tires is a game changer.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
If you don't need to the 10's to stay under a certain width, there is nothing that the 12's don't do better.

wrc

I'm glad you chimed in ksss when it comes to skiddys you are the opinion I always look for on here. In your opinion will the 12s make a noticeable difference or should I just plan on tracks? I was really wanting to stay with tires they are cheap in comparison.