• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Sam's Club R&O Hydraulic Oil AW 46

Lee_in_Georgia

Hi,
I maintain a number of Bobcat loaders and excavators. I've always used the Sam's Club R&O Hydraulic Oil and was wondering if anyone has had experience with it? Seems like good fluid and I've never had a problem, but I've also heard a number of people who feel anything but the OEM fluid is sub-par. Obviously, the viscosity has to be correct. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Welder Dave

Find out who makes the oil for Sam's Club. It could give you piece of mind if it's a known reputable supplier. I use Walmart tractor fluid for hyd. oil in my Cat loader but use a name brand in the skid steer with hydrostatic transmission.

treemuncher

Occupation
eatin' trees, poopin' chips
As my cousin, the petroleum engineer, explained to me, anything that passes the certification tests is quality oil stock. Certifications are not given lightly. As long as it meets or exceeds manufacturers requirements, it should be good to go. Lots of people pay big money for fancy names that do no more than a basic named product. Sort of like my Rural King $9.99 jeans compared to whatever they get out of Levis or Wranglers.

Welder Dave

Reputable sellers will have oil that meets the specs. listed on the container. Have heard of unscrupulous sellers putting something like "comparable to (Cat, etc.) specs." Don't buy that oil, buy oil that says "meets Cat, etc. specs." I get a 5 gallon pail of the Walmart tractor fluid for $50cad. Name brands start at about $75/pail. I used name brand oil in the skid steer because I replaced a hyd. drive motor. General hyd. duty I'll use the Walmart oil.

JLarson

Occupation
Owner- civil and heavy repair/fab company
We'll run any legit AW fluid and often have to on day to day calls, these days our suppliers might have a different brand each week anyway.

Only thing we'll use that 303/tractor stuff on is old stuff that leaks like a pasta strainer and we have to put tons in just to limp it somewhere.

catman13

Occupation
refrigeration engineer/excavation contractor
in my CAT track hoe and skid steer i run cat oil , i figure it is cheaper than new pumps and it may cost few bucks more but in the end going cheap usely costs more in the end