• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Saw for hire on TLC

EZ TRBO

Occupation
Aggregate Utility, Maintence Welder
Just watched 2 episodes of Saw for Hire on the TLC channel. Not a bad show as far as showing what they do for projects(lot of ice storm clean up in OK). They were working on a few large down trees in congested neighborhoods. However, the boss acts like a hot headed know it all big shot, swearing and yelling at his employees contantly. And he even comments to the viewers that some might think he is wild and stupid in some of the footage of him running a skid loader(bouncing side to side, turning way to fast on pavement and riding wheelies with the boom all the way up. He clamis that he just gets the best use out of the machine. If hes doing it just for the cameras its wrong and if thats the way he really is, well I can see maybe why he lives job to job in order to pay his employees. Take the verbal stuff out of it and it was interesting to watch. Anyone else seen it?

Trbo

Last edited:

curly

Occupation
loader operator
I haven't seen anything about this show, but it doesn't sound too good from your description.

qball

Occupation
local 150 operator
i have seen all the episodes and all i can say is "WOW"
freakin' morons. the owner is downright dangerous on a crane or skidsteer, not to mention a verbally abusive clown.
i wouldn't let him prune a rosebush on my property.

libertybell7

gball,
I came out of lurking to join the forum just to say that I feel the same way you do about him...

scholzee

Did you see the one where the crane almost tipped over backwards trying to hold up the top of a tree they cut ? They apper to be incredibly unsafe , let OSHA go after people like that.

MAC-EX

Hey libertybell, I know where you are coming from. I also have been reading this forum from the shadows for quite some time now. I could not resist not sayin anything regarding this dude. So I signed up finally.

Anyway, that show is great for some laughs for sure. I finally figured out that this clown boy was a piece of work when I seen him in that bobcat. You gotta give this guy credit, he is passionate about his work or the camera, I cannot decide which. My stepdad was a screamer, but he made sense and is very very good at organizing the crew. Anyway gang, this show is truly worth checking out at least once.

Hey, great forum, check ya later

jimmyjack

yea i,ve seen all the episodes and what an abortion of a show :eek: i think id last one day of getting screamed at like im a moron before id tell him where to go.. the crane episode anyone else see him walk under the outrigger when the the crane balancing on the back ones, the driving of the skid steer :mad: that stuff drives me nuts and im not even there , at one point he had it on one rear tire driving like a mad man then says with all the wheelies hes saving the front tires, then all them slamming into the side of his dump trailer cause he just cant go fast enough

youngoperator

Occupation
chainsaw faller/ heavy equipment operator
all it can say is WOW what a idiot! the skid steer operating was just reatarded noboady should let him around equipment. I still cant belive that he runs a bussiness.

EZ TRBO

Occupation
Aggregate Utility, Maintence Welder
I'm still trying to get it through my head that this is actually a REAL company. I can't belive ANYONE would pay to hire this guy and how ANYONE would be stupid enough to work for him for more than a day. I know the guys on both the aboristsite and forestryforums think the same way, hell what person with ANY common sense would.

Trbo

cat 385

I'm still trying to get it through my head that this is actually a REAL company. I can't belive ANYONE would pay to hire this guy and how ANYONE would be stupid enough to work for him for more than a day. I know the guys on both the aboristsite and forestryforums think the same way, hell what person with ANY common sense would.

Trbo
ya i wonder if they are real? the web site Say's that the bone head is the producer of the show,maybe just entertainment:beatsme

tackletree

I am in the tree biz and hope you all know that this isn't the norm for most owners. And I hope all watching know that this guy is a drama queen. He could be on the new show TOOL ACADEMY.:eek:

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
I watched the two episodes that are on the website, it's obvious this guy is trying to cash in on the reality show phenomenon. I'm curious to see how long it lasts. Who in their right mind would conduct private business while on national TV?