• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Saying goodbye to an old friend

Metalman 55

Today I said goodbye to an old friend, my D4D which I have owned for a few years now. I hardly used it anymore & a man over 1,350 miles away saw it advertised & ended up buying it. I have mixed feeling about parting with her, but due to the fact I hardly had a reason to own it, I decided it may be better for someone to own it that could put it to better use. The man that bought it has some brush rows to take out. To get a good shipping rate, it needed to be loaded onto a step deck. We lifted it onto the deck of our crane while he backed into place, then onto the transport trailer. Goodbye old friend...........

Attachments

• 20170531_162238.jpg
    20170531_162238.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 176
  • 20170531_152320.jpg
    20170531_152320.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 169

FWD

Metalman, I know the feeling. Last year about this time I lost my IH TD-15C(sold it) Since I quit logging 10 years ago I rarely used it. After I quit logging I did a lot of work to it and thought I would use it in my excavating business but didn't have much call for it. It's sad to see them go. I'm going to retire in a couple of years, that will be more pain to see the rest of the equipment go.
FWD

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
It is so funny we get attached to our machines, I stomp and raise hell at my old Fat Allis but find myself unable to consider parting with it. They do become a extension of our inner selves. The day will come it will be but a memory of good days using the machine and the joy it brought you at one time.

chevy43

A good looking machine that looks like you cared about. Hopefully it's going to a good home.