• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Scaaaaaaaary 80 Feet!!!!

diggerman57

Occupation
heavy equipment operator
I think this was a great post to remind everyone to always evaluate their situation before loading or unloading equipment. The statistics for injuries and damage are really high.

amunderdog

Your ramps should have feet on them or as posted legs for rear of trailer.
The weight transfer to an unsupported trailer rear is very hard on the trailer.
Wheel chocks should be available if needed. Some say always chock.
The worst day i personally saw. Went out to a job that had a very bad hill.
9% grade? anyway somthing went wrong and the truck would not pull it. Low Low and it just smotherd out. So only thing to do was unload. Good Lord i was shaking from the moment i let the chain binder loose. As soon as i raised the front loader i knew it would be rough. i got off somehow with the machine standing on the backhoe bucket.
Never want to do that again.

Last edited:

ghitch75

Ghitch that is not always true- trucks with dual port master cylinders would only have one of th ports plumbed into the Micro - lock- if both are joined you lose the safety advantages- Also micro locks are notorious for for leaking off - then the chase is on
Micro locks are very useful - you just should not trust them

mine on my C60 never leaked off....it is a single line master.....i would always have it in first gear too.....thats the only one i have been around and it works great...... holds for over 6 months some times(as i live on a hill).......i must have got a good one.....

thanks for the info Weider....