• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Schield Bantam C35. what does it weigh?

workshoprat92

I saw somewhere on line that said 10 ton but that was with backhoe set up. Can't imagine the crane configuration being that much lighter. it sure looks to me more like it would be around the 15k lbs range. I need to haul this crane from Colorado to Springfield mo. It looks like I should be OK using a 24 foot goose neck trailer and ford f_250. Just don't think I can get the crane, all the stick sections, jib, 3k headache ball and clamshell on the same trailer.

bigshow

The ball can sit in the closed clam up between the tracks and the jib can sit along side the boom on the deck. If your slick and you have pin together boom, you can fold the boom under and lay it all on the deck. A fella was just asking a similar question on the H.C.E.A. Page on Facebook. Was it you?

bigshow

So here are some specs straight from my Bantam manual: 9,950lbs. for the upper structure with a 1,500lbs. counterweight. Add 2,344lbs. for 25' of boom and a 3/8yd. clam bucket. Add 2,192lbs. for a backhoe attachment, 30" bucket and the gantry.

workshoprat92

No it was not I and this is the only place I have asked.

On the upper structure what does that mean. Does that not include the carriage frame and tracks?

bigshow

I would imagine so, a truck mount and crawler weigh the same in this spec. Add a couple thousand for the carbody and tracks and you got your magic number.

bigshow

That's entirely up to you, if you threw some sand/kitty litter on the ramps and pulled the drag cable through the fairlead and hooked it to the trailer. You may be able to help yourself up the ramps without sliding off the trailer, you will essentially be a yo-yo and you can slide off, but it lessens the chances.