• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Scottish heavy equipment mechanic

cfherrman

In the 1700's my really great grandma left France (German part) for the Volga river area Russia, then my 3rd great grampa left Russia in 1876 to settle in Kansas. Both voyages we're by ship, a proposition that would shake me pretty hard even now. Many people left for better life and I congratulate you for doing the same.

Victor mcdade

In the 1700's my really great grandma left France (German part) for the Volga river area Russia, then my 3rd great grampa left Russia in 1876 to settle in Kansas. Both voyages we're by ship, a proposition that would shake me pretty hard even now. Many people left for better life and I congratulate you for doing the same.
Thank you very much

Victor mcdade

Because your toolbox (on the truck) has a fully stocked bar, and in the shop you can't hide it ?
:D
, No I just could never stand being stuck in a workshop, even as an apprentice, when I was 17 my boss came up to me with a set of keys and a sheet of paper and said, I can't look at your face any more get out there's a list of jobs and sites go do that.

terex herder

You guys do realize much of Canada is further south than Scotland, don't you?

Best wishes on your new venture. Part of my ancestors left Scotland just ahead of the kings men. They made the mistake of backing Bonnie Prince Charles.

JD955SC

Some say a good Canadian whisky is much better than American whiskey like Jack Daniel's. Sorry I'm not a whiskey drinker but know some who are. Canadian beer has more alcohol content too.

Jack Daniel’s is cheap crap. The better whiskeys and bourbons aren’t lighter fluid.

I do enjoy Canadian club and sprite for smooth cheap easy drinking.

Can’t say I have run into much Canadian beer, I prefer Mexican beers over American beers by far.

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
Jack Daniel’s is cheap crap. The better whiskeys and bourbons aren’t lighter fluid.

I do enjoy Canadian club and sprite for smooth cheap easy drinking.

Can’t say I have run into much Canadian beer, I prefer Mexican beers over American beers by far.
Buddy of mine. His wife went to nursing school with a friend of her's. They both got jobs in American hospitals. After a few years of working in New York city, buddy's wife got a call from her friend about a nursing job at the hospital where she worked in Texas. She applied and got the job. The friend met and married a state trooper. Brian Stubbs. My buddy went to Texas to meet up with his future wife. They had went together in highschool and decided to meet up. He and Stubbs hit it off. buddy ended up getting married, and Debbie moved back here to NB and she got a job at the local hospital. The 2 couples would visit each other every couple years. It was cheaper for the 2 in the US to come to Canada. Stubbs fell in love with Canadian beer. We used to be amazed at how it set him on his ass so fast. She got tired of Texas, and with her parents getting older, she convinced Stubs to leave crime infested Port Arthur, and move to New Hampshire so she could be closer to her parents. Used to all the action in Texas, Stubbs couldn't handle the quiet of being on a police officer in such a quiet area. He started drinking, lost his job, and became abusive. She left him, and came back to NB. He moved back home, and roomed with one of his old co workers. His room mate went out for a morning run, and when he came back, Stubbs had taken his service revolver and ended it all.