• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

scrapercam

BrianHay

Hey Man, about time you got that thing going again! Hows things going? I just remembered I told you I would email those links last I talked to you....I will do that right now.

BrianHay

Right on, how's he doing? (ex pushpull partner guys :rolleyes: lol) I was watching my helmet cam videos the other day from when were tagging teaming and damn I miss playing with you guys sometimes. I love what I do now but I also love the big iron. Next time I'm down that way I will stop in and go a few rounds with you guys if I can.

RollOver Pete

Occupation
Operating Engineer/mechanic
Ever used a hardhat-cam?
:cool:

Attachments

• Apr24_0001.jpg
    Apr24_0001.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 1,686

scraper11

back online. cam take a new pic each minute. I plan to add a second cam later in the week.

Were feeding D8 and JD 850 right now, pushpull pad.

Wolf

is the attraction to running the scraper that the machine is so huge? it really looks like it tears up the earth, changes the face of this planet. is that why you guys like to run the scrapers so much? not sure why it's so much more popular than a dozer or hoe. please explain. thanks.

scraper11

:laugh Yup, you either love em or hate em.
Ive got a new system built (using intel atom cpu + voompc-2 case). scrapercam will be back online once my 10 inch touchscreen arrives.

BrianHay

Size was part of the attraction for me but speed was the bigger attraction. If you didn't know you would think a machine that big would be slow and clumsy but they are not, at least not the Cat scrapers. When you put both throttles down they go through the gears like a race car and handle like a giant go cart. They top out around 30-35mph which doesn't sound fast but in a machine that big, on the terrain you are on, that's movin. I get bored fast on them working flat terrain but building road especially were there are lots of slopes to work through is a good time.
I wouldn't say I like the Scraper better then other machines though. I love all the toys but get bored with any machine if I am on it to long.

Turbo21835

Yea, there is nothing like grabbing the wheel with your left hand, grabbing controls with your right, standing on the accelerators, getting a bowl full of dirt, and grabbing gears. I always loved running scrapers. We didnt push pull very often. So we didnt have partners per say. We ran basically a free for all. Who ever moved the most dirt in a day got bragging rights. Running a scraper is always a challenge. How can I move more dirt. What can I do to go faster. How can I get more dirt on that stockpile without making it wider. If I self load a bowl of topsoil, run it to a stockpile on the way back to the cut, get push loaded with a bowl of clay in the cut, run that to the fill, and run back to the topsoil, how many more loads can I get in an hour. Always thinking, faster, more dirt, more more more! More dirt you move in an hour, the cheaper it gets, cheaper it gets, more money the company makes.

Buckethead

Occupation
Operator
Yea, there is nothing like grabbing the wheel with your left hand, grabbing controls with your right, standing on the accelerators, getting a bowl full of dirt, and grabbing gears. I always loved running scrapers. We didnt push pull very often. So we didnt have partners per say. We ran basically a free for all. Who ever moved the most dirt in a day got bragging rights. Running a scraper is always a challenge. How can I move more dirt. What can I do to go faster. How can I get more dirt on that stockpile without making it wider. If I self load a bowl of topsoil, run it to a stockpile on the way back to the cut, get push loaded with a bowl of clay in the cut, run that to the fill, and run back to the topsoil, how many more loads can I get in an hour. Always thinking, faster, more dirt, more more more! More dirt you move in an hour, the cheaper it gets, cheaper it gets, more money the company makes.

I second what Turbo says! :usa

scraper11

heres a couple pics of my new setup. I went with the 8" instead of the 10". wires are everywhere, Ill get to cable management later today.

scrapercam is online.

Attachments

• Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 347
  • Picture 011.jpg
    Picture 011.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 313
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 346

scraper11

scrapercam will be offline for a few weeks after today. moving dirt on the military base. no cameras allowed.